Pet Sympathy


Good Morning!  I needed to make a pet sympathy card and I pulled out a retired Stampin' Up! set called 'D is for Dog'.  I haven't used this set much, but I'm so glad I kept it. 

The upper part of my background is dry embossed using my cloudy day embossing folder and the lower half of my background is actually designer series paper that I stamped the paw print on using black ink.  This is a great way to use of some of the paper from the paper stack packs.

I have a black strip of card stock across my card and I made that by punching it using my scallop border punch and I added a row of white dots using my white gel pen all along the scallops.

My main puppy image was created by stamping the dog and then I added some green grass along the puppy's feet using my certainly celery marker.  Then I used my spritzer tool and a black marker and I spritzed all around the puppy image.  Next, I added some rhinestone gems for the collar and I stamped and cut out the dog bone.  My puppy image layer is placed on my card using dimensionals.

To finish the front of my card I added some white ribbon and my sentiment.  My sentiment also has dimensionals underneath it.  I rarely ever stamp on the inside of my card, but this time I decided to give it a try.  Below is a photo of the inside.


I took the dog paw stamp and I stamped a few paw prints.  Then I used a scrap piece of paper and I used it as a mask to spritz some black ink along the left side and over paw prints.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you liked my card!  It's going to be a hot one here in PA so it looks like the kids and I will be swimming a lot this week.  Have a great day & stay cool!

Stamps:  D is for Dog
Card Stock:  Black, White, Marina Mist, DSP Subtles Paper Stack
Ink:  Black Stazon, River Rock- for the bone
Supplies:  Ribbon, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/8" Circle Punch, Designer label Punch, White Gel Pen, Scallop Border Punch, SU Markers, Big Shot, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Rhinestone Gems, Spritzer Tool, Dimensionals
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Spritzing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, I'm sorry you needed to make a pet sympathy card because it means someone is sad... but your card is beautiful and will surely bring some comfort to the recipient! I love how you did the inside of your card, too. ;)

:: BlueInks :: said...

Patty, this is a perfect pet sympathy card. I really like the colors, textures and layout. The interior turned out well!

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Patty! I know, it sure is hot...glad you can swim to cool off! This card is very sweet! The stamping inside is the perfect finishing touch! :)

Becky said...

What a great card, I love how you did the inside.