January 12, 2010

Hi everyone! For the past few day's I've been busy helping my friend make wedding invitations for her brother and his fiancé.

My friend asked me to help her come up with an easy black and white design for wedding invitations with response cards. They wanted them finished asap and I ended up having 56 invitations & response cards, and 60 thank you cards finished in only four days.



I showed the bride a few different examples of some quick and easy wedding invitations, but she seemed to really like the results from this cuttlebug folder and she liked that they were quick and easy.

She has never stamped before, but she and her future sister in law helped me one night get these started. I really think using cuttlebug folders was the way to go for her wedding cards.

I used the birds & swirls embossing folder to emboss the upper 3/4 portion of her card and then just below we scored a line using my scor-pal.

I was sort of stuck on what to put on the front of her invitation, but then it all of a sudden came to me to put their first names and layer them using the scallop oval punch and large oval punch (and the bride loved it).

She saw this heart clip that I had used on another card and she wanted to incorporate in her invite as well and the only think that I thought looked nice was to somehow tie it in with her ribbon. It took me a little bit to tie all of the ribbon on her cards with the heart clip, but I really like the finished results. The wedding invitations and the rest of the matching cards are all a size A2 card.

The next picture is of her response cards. I came up with this design from my own response cards that I made for my wedding. (Here are the invitations and response cards from my wedding- just in case anyone would like to see my response card). The response cards are 5" x 3" and they fit so nicely insider her invitation cards.

Again, I wanted to keep with using the dry embossing theme and I used another cuttlebug folder. This time the folder I used was from a set of five smaller 'strips' that are sold together as a group. The set is called Just My Type.

We ran the white card stock through my cuttlebug and then we layered it onto a black layer which was punched using the Martha Stewart lace border punch. This is the punch that the bride liked the best. I think the scalloped border would have worked as well. (She was debating between the two of them).

The wedding day stamp is from one of the SU's All Year Cheer stamp sets. I actually purchased an extra Happy Wedding Day stamp on ebay a few years ago and then I cut off the word happy.

I surprised the bride by making her the thank you cards. She purchased all of the card stock and we used my supplies. She's not a stamper so she told me to keep the card stock that was left over, but I just couldn't keep it when I knew that I had enough to make her some thank you cards.

I knew that she liked the D'vine Swirls folder (she almost picked this one for her invitations), so I wanted to use it on her thank you cards.

The upper portion is embossed with the swirls folder and the bottom part is embossed using a small strip from the embossing folder called With Love.

I scored a line just below and just above the embossed areas using my scor-pal. For the sentiment I used the thank you stamp from SU's Warmest Regards stamp set. The swirl image that I stamped on both sides of the sentiment is from a Studio G stamp set, series 11.

I didn't add any embellishments on her thank you cards because I wanted to keep them simpler and I wanted them to be more like a note card. I also didn't add any ribbon because I wanted to try and keep her postage down.

Stamps: All Year Cheer, Warmest Regards, Swirl Stamp- from Studio G series 11 stamp set
Card Stock: White, Black
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Birds and Swirls, With Love, Just My Type, D' Vine Swirls, Scor-pal, Heart Clips, Scalloped Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, MS Lace Border Punch, Stamp-a-ma-ji
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

8 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!WHAT A NICE COMBINATION OF WEDDING CARDS.MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED IN MAY.AND YOU GAVE ME AN IDEA TO MAKE THANK YOU CARDS.THANK YOU!

Lesley said...

stunning - they are just gorgeous - Lesley x

jimlynn said...

Simply beautiful cards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Levi Moore said...

Beautiful invitations Patty! Can you tell me what size the base card is on the wedding invites?

Thanks,
Janie
mmoor49 at columbus dot rr dot com

Mary said...

Hi Patty, My daughter has picked your invite as the one she would like to have too! Could you tell me what size card it is?? Is it an A2 card size or is it bigger? Thanks, Mary

Patty Gorka said...

Hi Mary, The wedding invitation is an A2 size card. If you need any more information just let me know. I'm so glad that your daughter liked the invitations I made!

Misti said...

Hi Patty,

I CASE'd one of your cards & made an anniversary card for my parents. I gave you credit on my blog: http://misti-acardaday.blogspot.com/2010/08/happy-anniversary-mom-dad.html

Thanks for the inspiration!