Creative Crew Cards

Hi everyone!  I have a few cards for you today!  These are the cards I made for this month's Splitcoast Creative Crew challenge.  We'd love to have you play along with us!  The challenges this month are great!

This card was made for the color focus challenge which was to use the soon to be retired incolors.  I decided to use all of the retiring incolors in my stamped flower image.  I just stamped the flowers and and I added a few basic pearls in the center of some of the flowers and then I cut out my image using the label framaelits.

My background was dry embossed using my honeycomb embossing folder and they all I needed to do was to assemble my card and add my ribbon and sentiment.

Card #14 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Petite Pairs
Card Stock:  White, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder
Supplies:  Labels Collection Framelits, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals
Technique:  2 Step Stampin', Dry Embossing


This card was made for the Holiday focus which was to create a masculine card and we were to try using a non-masculine set or try a new technique.  For this card I decided to try a new technique. 

I never tried double embossing before and so on this card I decided to give it a try.  I dry embossed my background using the chevron embossing folder and then using my versamark ink pad and clear embossing powder I heat embossed over the raised embossed background.  It turned out great and it looks neat in person.  I even clear embossed over the blue truck on my image.

To create my image I did some paper piecing.  I really didn't want to color the image so I just did some stamping.  I stamped my image first using cajun craze ink and then I stamped it again onto a piece of scrap paper using night of navy ink.  I cut out the night of navy truck and placed it on top of my main stamped image.  I did the same thing for the 'fresh apples' sign using more mustard ink.  I did use my SU markers to color in some of the grass and the apples.

Card #15 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days

Stamps:  Countryside, Petite Pairs
Card Stock:  More Mustard, Night of Navy, Cajun Craze
Ink:  More Mustard, Night of Navy, Cajun Craze, VersaMark
Supplies:  Big Shot, Chevron Embossing Folder, Heat Gun, Clear Embossing Powder, SU Markers, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, VersaMark Marker
Technique:  Double Embossing, Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing, Paper Piecing

This card was made for the Holiday focus which was to create a masculine card and we were to try using a non-masculine set or try a new technique.  On this card I used the create a cupcake set and I tried making masculine cupcakes.  What do you think?  I think it worked.  The cupcake tops were stamped, punched out and dry embossed using my perfect polka dots embossing folder.  The bottom of the cupcakes were just stamped and punched out.  The center cupcake has a bow stamped on it and I added a small rhinestone gem.

I did some paper piercing along the top and bottom of my baja breeze card stock and I used my scallop border punch along the bravo burgundy card stock layer.  To complete my card I added some twine and then stamped the sentiment.

Card #16 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days

Stamps:  Create a Cupcake, A Word For You
Card Stock:  White, Baja Breeze, Bravo Burgundy, River Rock
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Bravo Burgundy, River Rock
Supplies:  Twine, Scallop Border Punch, Rhinestone Gem, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Cupcake Builder Punch
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing


And lastly, I made another card for the holiday focus which was to create a masculine card and we were to try using a non-masculine set or try a new technique  I'm not sure if I like the way this card turned out, but I figured I'd better let it alone before I mess it up.

I used the leafy image from the SU Just Belive stamp set.  I stamped the leaves and then the sentiment slightly over it.  I then cut it out using the ovals collection framelits.  On the crumb cake oval I added some paper piercing and I did some distressing using my scissors along the oval edge.

I even tried a new technique on this card.  After I dry embossed the chocolate chip layer using my argyle embossing folder I swiped my white craft ink pad along the raised areas to sort of give it the sanded/distressed look.

My background was dry embossed with some lines using my simply score board.  I decided to add some ribbon with a button and twine.

Card #17 out of 100 towards my goal of 100 cards in 100 days

Stamps:  Just Believe, Petite Pairs
Card Stock:  River Rock, White, Chocolate Chip
Ink:  River Rock, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, White Craft Ink
Supplies:  Big Shot, Argyle Embossing Folder, Scallop Border Punch, Ribbon, Twine, Button, Simply Score Tool, Ovals Collection Framelits, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Scissors- for the distressing, Simply Score Tool
Technique:  Distressing, Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing

Well, that's about it for today, whew!  I'm hoping to catch up with my 100 cards in 100 days goal.  This isn't an easy challenge!  Have a great day, see you tomorrow!

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

8 comments:

Tania said...

These cards really inspire me! I can't pick a favourite because they are all so amazing.

Becky said...

wow, you have been busy..All of these are beautiful.

debbie said...

great job! You have been busy.

thanks 4 sharing

AnnMarie said...

All wonderful cards! I absolutely love the first one though! Wow!! Beautiful job!! :)

Cindy said...

Right back at you Patty! I browsed your blog a bit and I can see why I cased your card...they are ALL awesome. I might try this one with the truck! :)
So much inspiration!
Cindy
www.turtlecreations-papercrafts.blogspot.com

Wendy H said...

These are great cards, Patty. I love them all. You have been busy. I have become a follower. Wendy from FP xx

Jamie Martin said...

Good job on your cards they all look great!

AnnMarie said...

All such pretty cards! You are doing great with the 100 days challenge! :)