Twisted Tuesday ~ Tree & Knots



Good Morning!  Today's Twisted Tuesday Challenge is to use a tree or group of trees on your creation and the twist is to tie some knots on your creation. So, tie up your ribbons, twines, whatever just as long as we can see some knots!

It's easier to first cut out the top note layer and then begin your stamping.  I decided to use one of my favorite stamp sets Lovely As A Tree.  I stamped two tree images using soft suede ink, but I stamped off onto a piece of scrap paper and then I stamped onto my top note layer.  For the darker old olive tree I stamped it onto my ink pad and then using my soft suede marker I colored the tree trunk.

My background is embossed using the vintage wallpaper embossing folder.  The designer series paper on my background was ran through my paper crimper.  My top note layer is placed onto my card using dimensionals.

I decided to add three small pieces of ribbon tied with knots in the upper right hand corner and my sentiment is from a retired SU stamp set called Whimsical words.

I almost forgot to mention that I cut out a top note layer using old olive card stock and I ended up cutting that in half and I placed it just a tad bigger than my white top note layer.  I wanted it to look like there was an old olive layer behind my main image panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

*card #48 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  Lovely As A Tree, Whimsical Words
Card Stock:  Soft Suede, White, Old Olive, DSP- Autumn Traditions
Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive
Supplies:  Big Shot, Top Note Die, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Hole Punch, Paper Crimper, Dimensionals, SU Soft Suede Marker
Technique: Dry Embossing, Stamping Off

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

This is fantastic. I really like the ribbon touch. Your other one posted today is great too. I had better get to CASE stamping today.

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous... so pretty!

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card.

Ana Carolina Little said...

GORGEOUS!!!... simple as that!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Love the colors and layout on this card. Great ideas!

AnnMarie said...

Love this! Those tress are classic! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Lovely as a Tree is one of my fav nature stamps and so versatile. Love, love, love what you've done with this and your darling knotted ribbons on the side.

Smiles, Laurie said...

Wonderful! Love the combination of the BG with the focal panel...and these colours together.