February 22, 2010


Here's is my card for this week's CAS clean & simple challenge. This week's challenge is a makeover challenge, we were to pick one of our cards from our gallery and remake it. This is the card from my gallery that I decided to remake.

I used the same colors and I kept the same layout, but I decided to use my oval punch instead of my square punches. I also used a different stamp set, ribbon, and sentiment.

My background is embossed using my cuttlebug distressed stripes embossing folder. I decided not to layer the ovals on black card stock; instead I placed my ribbon behind them and I tied a knot in-between them.

I very rarely make any sympathy cards, so I thought I'd better start making some to have on hand. My sentiment is from SU's Thought's & Prayers stamp set (I stamped the words going across the bottom of my card).

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Thoughts & Prayers
Card Stock: White
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Cuttlebug, Distress Stripes Embossing Folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Wow Patty! This is outstanding!!! So pretty.

Sue said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love both your original card and your makeover card. They are both stunning. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Sue

Lesley said...

gorgeous card and just so suitable for a sympathy card - I did a similar card (not a sympathy one tho') which I've not bloged yet using old olive and so safron best wishes Lesley x

Carrie said...

Oh I really like this one. Love how you did the ribbon behind the oval too. Wonderful job.

TrishG said...

Very pretty. Love the colors. Both of them are very nice.