Double Embossed


 

Good Morning!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  The card I made today is for this week's ABC blog challenge which is to create a card that is double embossed.   You can use heat and dry embossing or you can use 2 different dry embossed patterns.  I decided to use heat embossing on my background and a dry embossed layer behind my flower.  My striped green layer has some paper tearing across the top.

I used the large open flower stamp from the SU Field Flowers stamp set for my heat embossing on my background.  It turned out great!  For my main flower image I wanted to cut it out so that I could layer it onto a dry embossed panel, I stamped it and cut it out using scissors and then an x-acto knife for the tricky smaller areas. The flower is placed onto my dry embossed layer using dimensionals.  I had to cut some of the dimensionals in half so that they would fit behind the flower stem.

To finish my card, I added some crochet trim ribbon and my sentiment that I decided to place sideways along the flower image panel.  I hope you can come play along with us this week.  The DT over at ABC Challenges would love to see your cards too!  Have a great day!

Stamps:  Field Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Subtles DSP Stack
Ink:  Rose Red, Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Black Stazon, VersaMark
Supplies:  Crochet Trim Ribbon, Big Shot, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Decorative Label Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, X-acto Knife, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Scissors
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Heat Embossing, Paper Tearing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

9 comments:

Kim Pope said...

This is very pretty!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh man Patty is this ever lovely! I really really like that color combo together. You did such a nice job of fussy cutting that flower.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this card is STUNNING! A true beauty!!!

Janis Lewis said...

I love your card. Saw it on ABC Challenges. I followed your sketch for my challenge submission and linked to your blog for the sketch credit. Have a great day! :) Janis
http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/2013/07/too-kind-flower-stamp-set.html

Helene said...

Your card is very pretty and elegant. Love the bright happy colors.

carol said...

Hello.your card is so pretty, just wanted to say thanks for adding my photo to the challenge blog x carol

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the different embossing especially the heat embossed background :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful texture and color. Sweet design. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Karen Howard said...

This is really pretty, love the embossing and pretty rose color you used! Hugs, Karen