December 15, 2009


Today I spent my morning grooming my dog. I try to save some money where ever I can and grooming my dog is one thing that I can do myself.

I have a cocker spaniel that is almost 14 years old and she's a lot of work. I keep telling my husband this is our last dog. It's hard to plan family day trips and (maybe one day) a vacation when you have a dog.

She's a good dog and she is much calmer now that she is getting older. She's great with the kids, but no one really plays with her and I'm the one who ends up with all of the doggie chores. My daughter and my son each have a fish and that's about the extent of our pets from now on...LOL



My card for today is for Tuesday's splitcoast color challenge. I rarely participate in the color challenges, I'm not quite sure why, I guess because I feel as though I'm not very good at them, but after seeing what today's colors were I decided to give it a try.

The colors for today's challenge are: So Saffron, Mellow Moss, and Rose Red (Melon Mambo was the in color choice, but I do not use any in colors), and neutrals of choice.

I found this stamped image in my box of images. I thought it was a SU image, but I don't know for sure. My card was pretty easy to make. All I did was color my image using my SU markers, assemble my card, and then I added two rows of paper piercing along the right side.

I wasn't quite sure what type of sentiment I wanted to use, but I got to thinking that this might make a nice Valentine's Day card. (Maybe from my husband to me..;) So honey if you are reading this, you can take this card. I guess it could also be an anniversary or maybe an informal wedding card.

Stamps: unknown Rose stamp, Small Script
Cardstock: White, Mellow Moss, Rose Red, So Saffron
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: SU Markers, Eyelet Border Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Oval Punch, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing tool, Scor-pal
Technique: Paper Piercing

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderfu day! Pin It

No comments: