December 7, 2011

Good Morning! Today's card is for the monthly challenge for the blog group that I belong to. If you look on my side bar you will find the links to the other ladies' blogs who are in my group. If you have time, take a moment to visit their blogs and you can see their challenge cards too. I must apologize to my blog group friends because I am late in posting my card (I'm so sorry, I totally forgot about our challenge).

Our challenge was 'the power of 3's'.  We were to create a card using 3 layers, 3 images, and 3 embellishments and we were to leave the sentiment off of the front of our cards.  I knew right away that I was going to try and use my new stocking punch. 

Making these stockings using the stocking punch is a great way to use up some of your designer series paper scraps.  On my card I used some paper scraps from the Stampin' Up! holly berry bouquet designer series paper.  I used the new silver glimmer paper for the tops and the toe part of the stocking and the rest of my card was made using real red and very vanilla card stock.

The stockings were easy to put together and I placed them on my card using dimensionals.  My background is dry embossed using my big shot and my perfect polka dots embossing folder.  I used a glue dot to hold on my bells.

My 2 year old daughter just told me that she liked the socks on my card, how cute!  Well, that's about it for today.  If you are watching my Simply Score Tool give away then you know we only need 5 more followers.  This would make a perfect Christmas gift for you!  For more details please click on the simply score tool on my side bar.  Have a great day!

Stamps: none
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Silver Glimmer Paper, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP
Ink: none
Supplies: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Stocking Builder Punch, Mini Jingle Bells
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

10 comments:

Barb said...

What a cute card--I too just love that punch and matching stamp set. It does make quick and easy cards and they always look so sweet.

Thanks for sharing in the Power of Three!

KER said...

i need to get that punch...is it still available?...i really love that you used just red and white...with abit of silver glitter...you always have such fabu ideas and projects

Melina said...

How cute! The silver sparkle and the bells are adorable additions to these stockings! How cute of your 2 year old too!!!!!
Only 5 more followers until the big giveaway! Then you can tell your hubby "hahahahahaha"
:)

Ana Carolina Little said...

Patty, your card is beautiful. Love those bells hanging from the stockings. Very, very cute!!!

Athina said...

Very cute socks! I like your card!

KristyLee said...

OMG Patty, your card is so very cute, I so love it. You make some wonderful card Ms Lady! TFS!
Peace,
Kristy

Jacquel said...

Love your card Patty! Those stockings are sooo cute & I really like the colors you used! Awesome job on the challenge & TFS!!!

Becky said...

This is so cute! What a fabulously creative card.

Unknown said...

I love those colors in your card! Fabulous job!

Michele Gross said...

This is completely adorable :) I've just had a lovely wander through your blog :) Lots of great projects :)