52 Christmas Card Throwdown Theme ~ Wreaths!

Good Morning!  Here's my card for this week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog challenge.  This week is a theme challenge and the theme is wreaths.  I had a few ideas in mind for my card this week and I ended up making a ribbon wreath card.  I figured it might be easier to post a video on how I made my wreath so if you have a moment check out my very first video posted below.

I ended up making three of these wreath cards and they are all basically the same, but the colors are different.  I embossed my background using the petals a plenty embossing folder and my sentiment is from a retired SU stamp set called Christmas Greetings.  Below is a close up photo of my wreath.

And here is my very first video.  I was a bit nervous so I hope you like it!  In my video I showed how to make the wreath (which I learned from this video), and I showed you how I embossed my background, and how to use a stamp-a-ma-jig.

*card #45 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps: Christmas Greetings
Card Stock: White, Old Olive, Real Red
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Ribbon, Big Shot, Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, SU Real Red Marker, Dimensionals, Bells, Glue Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Scoring Tool
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Ribbon Wreath



Below are the other two cards I ended up making. I have the supplies listed below each card.


*card #46 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps
:  Christmas Greetings
Card Stock:  White, Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Ribbon, Big Shot, Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, SU Lucky Limeade Marker, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Scoring Tool
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Ribbon Wreath


*card #47 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  Christmas Greetings
Card Stock:  White, Real Red, Old Olive
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Ribbon, Big Shot, Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, SU Old Olive Marker, Dimensinoals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Scoring Tool, Brads
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Ribbon Wreath

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

18 comments:

Athina said...

What a stunning wreath! It looks so complicated! Beautiful job!

Danielle Vincent said...

Patty - I am speachless(trust me that doesn't happen very often!)- this is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for the video on this. I have to go do park clean up soon so I will pop back in and watch later today so I can try this. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Danielle Vincent said...

Patty - I am speachless(trust me that doesn't happen very often!)- this is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for the video on this. I have to go do park clean up soon so I will pop back in and watch later today so I can try this. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, Patty! These ribbon wreathes are gorgeous and I'm so glad that you put the link on so that we can all learn how to do them! I am definitely going to give it a try.Thank you too for your lovely comments on my cards and about my daughter.
Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

Woman, these are AMAZING!!!!! Gorgeous set of cards--I LOVE it! Thank you for doing the video, but it won't let me play it?! It says it's private? I would love to learn to do this--so you're PINNED! Hope to see the video soon!

Anonymous said...

Patty,

Wow these are so beautiful! Love each one of them! Thank you for being brave and showing us how you did it in a video! I love all of your creative ideas too.

Cindy

Clare Lloyd said...

fabulous technique, thanks for sharing. x

Becky said...

These wreaths are stunning. Great tutorial, thanks :)

Ana Carolina Little said...

AWESOME card and video Patty!!!. Congratulations...now to make one...!!!

Queen Mary said...

An excellent video Patty! Your narration -- just as if we were in the room with you -- really makes it! No one would ever know it was your first one! I do have a question though -- how did you adhere the bells and brads? I love these for my sidelines!

Julie said...

WHAT A LOVELY CARD and a very different wreath Patty. I've never seen one like it before.
Your video is concise and easy to understand- so I'll give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

Heather B said...

Those are super cute!!!

Patty Gorka said...

Mary- I couldn't reply to you privately so I hope that you will see my message here for you.

You asked me how did I adhere the bells and brads.

The bells I placed on my wreath using glue dots and the brads I simply poked through the ribbon wreath and then I opened the prongs on the back side to hold them in place- like you normally would use them.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel free to send me an email- pebbles4@ptd.net

Anonymous said...

Very cool wreath. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth M said...

Patty, what an ingenious ribbon wreath - and a fab tutorial!
I love the cards you made and I really like how you coloured the dots on the embossed panels!
Ruth x

Cindy Malone said...

Oh...thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I learn so much better when I can see someone else do something first :-) Awesome first video and great tips. TFS!
Have a fabulous weekend.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Very creative, Patty. This card turned out great. :)

dawnmercedes said...

love this!! shared with my mom too!