November 26, 2010


Hi everyone and if you are brave enough to do some shopping today I hope you have a great time.  I just got home a few minutes ago from Walmart.  I wanted to purchase some of the 12 midnight deals and it was a mad house there.  People were so rude and cutting in line, but I was nice and polite and I got all of the items I wanted.

I wanted to mention that I am again hosting a CAS card swap.  This time it's a CASE, CAS swap.  Meaning that all you need to do is to find any CAS (clean & simple) card in the gallery on splitcoast stampers and CASE (copy and share everything) it.  Generally speaking to CASE a card means that you would find a card you like and change two things about it- it could be the layout, color of cardstock used, the stamps, etc.  You get the idea, right?  You will find more information about my card swap here, please feel free to join us and ask me if you have any questions.  I'm always happy to help.  The cards for this swap aren't due until Feb 1st, so there's lots of time to make your cards.  I figured it would be best for everyone if I wanted until after the holidays are over to swap the cards.

So that brings me to my card for today and although I didn't case it directly from the splitcoast gallery I did case this card.  I found this card on page 41 in the current 2010/2011 SU catalog.  I changed the layout just a tiny bit, I used a different Christmas tree image, I used different ribbon, and I used cardstock for my certainly celery scalloped border instead of chip board as show in the example. 

I stamped my image and colored it using my SU markers and my gold zig painty pen for the gold Christmas tree garland.  I didn't need to stamp a sentiment since it was already with my image and so the rest of my card was real easy to put together. 

My certainly celery layer was punched using my scallop border punch and I did some faux stitching along the upper part of my old olive layer.  I decided to go with a red and white checked ribbon which I purchased from Offray.

Well, that's about it for today.  My family and I will be decorating and putting up our Christmas tree today and I'll be busy in the kitchen making turkey soup.  Have a great day and I'll see you on Monday!

Stamps: Fun and Fast Notes
Card Stock: Real Red, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, White
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, SU Markers, Gold Zig Painty Pen, White Gel Pen, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Scalloped Border Punch
Technique: Faux Stitching Pin It

12 comments:

TrishG said...

This is super cute! Great layout.
Good luck with your swap!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Karen

Becky said...

Great Christmas card Patty. I am glad you were so well behaved. :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Patty! I love your Christmas tree card today!

Rhonda Langley said...

Great card! Love the layout-very unique!

paige said...

I like the layout of this card!

KER said...

wonderful CASE

Alissa said...

Love the layered scallops. Great card Patty!

Donna Heber said...

Patty,

Cute Christmas card. I love how you layer your borders.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the stitching on it and the traditional colors!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Great card. Love the tree.

Pam~ said...

Awwww, your card gets me in the spirit of Christmas ... love it! I like your faux stitching ... it adds so much detail.