February 5, 2012

Hi everyone!  Today I'm posting the card that I made for the monthly challenge of the blog group that I belong to.  This month's challenge was to create a Valentine card using hearts.  Our blog group recently started weekly challenges and this week's challenge was to use polka dots so I decided to combine both challenges and the polka dots I used are on my designer series paper.

I used a current Sale-a-bration stamp set called sprinkled expressions and I just stamped the heart and punched it out using my circle punch.  The black layer behind my heart is actually the blossom flower punch that I punched twice and then I placed them on top of each other so that they looked like a larger scallop circle.

My dry embossed heart layer I made using the new Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders- heart folder found in the current Stampin' Up! mini catalog.  These strip embossing folders are great for embossing a smaller portion for your projects. 

Other than that finishing my card was just a matter of assembling it.  I decided to use a mini clothespin with a small piece of red and white twine tied around it and then I added a ribbon tied with a knot.

I hope you liked my card and be sure to check out the other challenge cards from our Crafty Gals blog group.  The link to their blogs can be found on the right side of my blog in the side bar.

Thanks for visiting & have a great rest of the day.  Enjoy the super bowl too!

Stamps: Sprinkled Expressions- 2012 Sale-a-bration stamp set
Card Stock: White, Black, Real Red, SU Love Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red, Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Big Shot, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders- heart, Mini Clothespin, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Scallop Border Punch, Blossom Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

11 comments:

Heather B said...

Oooh! This is the first time I've seen that Sprinkled Expressions used and it's SO CUTE!!! Thanks Patty, great card!

Athina said...

So cute! I love the colors and textures! Great job!

Becky said...

This is beautiful I love the colors and love that heart.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Patty, I love all the things you used for this card, the stamp, the embossing folder and specially that punch... LOVE IT. Great colour combo as well.

Barb said...

Sweet Card Patty--I really like this SAB set and you really created a cute card!

jimlynn said...

So pretty! Love the idea of adding the mini clothespin and really like that embossed strip on here too.
Lynn

Melina said...

So pretty! I love the embossing and great dots with your dp! This is such a great Valentine's card :)

Lela said...

VERY cute! Love all the dimension. Great recipe for Love, TFS!

Lesley said...

How fresh and pretty! Love all the white space!

Unknown said...

Great card - Love it! I love the stampin up annual sale-a-bration...it's my one big order every year for my demonstrator - Yay!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet card! Love the many papers and the embossing and the colors. Great job!