May 1, 2012


Good Morning!  Today over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges it's a sketch challenge and our twist is to use pearls on our card!  I hope you'll help pass the word about this week's challenge.  I love sketch challenges and as soon as I saw this sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to make. 

I used a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Garden Silhouettes!  This is one of my very favorite retired stamp sets!  I love to color this flower stamp using my SU markers and that's exactly how I made this card.  I inked up my stamps using my SU markers and then I stamped it onto my card stock.  I repeated this process three times, once in each corner and again on my main image panel.

I added a few basic pearls in the centers of the flowers and then I stamped my sentiment.  I decided to dry emboss the pretty in pink layer in the middle of my card.  I used my final press embossing folder- I sometimes do this just to give that little extra something to my cards and I'll left that border a little bigger around the edges. 

Below is a picture of the sketch for this week's challenge. 
Well, that's about it for today!  I wanted to take a moment to let you all know that I will be busy getting ready for my yard sale this weekend.  I'm not sure how much I'll be able to update this week, but for sure I'll be back as soon as I can.  I just wanted to let you all know what I'm up to in case I can't get some stamping time.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Here are the other Twisted Tuesday Challenge DT member's blogs in case you wanted to see their cards-
Melina- owner

Stamps:  Garden Silhouettes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: White, Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso
Ink:  Early Espresso
Supplies:  Basic Pearls, SU Markers- pretty in pink, early espresso, certainly celery, Big Shot, Final Press Embossing Folder
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

11 comments:

Barb said...

Patty--this card is just stunning! I too love that set and the colors you chose is just tehe best!

Good luck on your yard sale--make big bucks so you can buy lots of new SU toys from the new catty!

Athina said...

Wow you ladies really knocked it out of the park with this challenge. So beautiful!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Patty, I love how this card turned out. The colors are so spring like. I like how you placed the stamped images. Great card!

Melina said...

Wow! I love this Patty! One of my favorite cards you've ever made Sweetie! Great take on the sketch :)

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Nice interpretation of the sketch. One of my favorite color combos.

debbie said...

Lovin' this card Patty.....great color choices.
hugs

Becky said...

This is beautiful Patty. Love the soft colors.

Ana Carolina Little said...

BEAUTIFUL Patty!!!. Great colours!!!. The pearls give a great touch!!!

MiamiKel said...

Breath taking card - this is a show stopper!!

Heather B said...

I love this card Patti!!

AnnMarie said...

Super nice job! :)