December 8, 2010


I haven't played along with a splitcoast sketch challenge in a long time, so today I decided that's what I would do. I needed to make a thank you card and this is a new stamp set that I haven't used yet.

Like I normally do, I try to keep my cards clean and simple. After stamping the image I simply colored it using my SU markers and then in the centers of the flowers I added white dots using my white gel pen. After I finished coloring my image I decided to add a bit of glitter using my 2 way glue pen and SU's DD glitter. Glitter is such a quick and easy way to add that bit of pizzazz!

My background card stock is dry embossed using my SU Square Lattice embossing folder. Following the posted sketch I needed to add three smaller type additions to my card, so I decided to use the small flower that comes along with this set. I stamped the flowers, colored them, and punched them using my circle punches.

My sentiment was also stamped and then punched using my SU punches. Then just along the bottom of my card I added two rows of paper piercing- it seems as though I'm always adding some sort of paper piercing to my cards, but I really like that little bit of 'extra' on my cards without going overboard.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the day!

Stamps: Because I Care
Card Stock: White, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 2 Way Glue Pen, DD Glitter, SU Markers, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, 1/2" & 3/4" Circle Punches, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool
Technique: Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing Pin It

3 comments:

Carrie said...

wow I LOVE this thank you. You did a great job with the scs sketch. That lattice folder is really growing on me I think I need to pick it up.

Donna Heber said...

Patty,

This card is beautiful! Wonderful job with the sketch. I have this set, but haven't used it yet.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Patty, I'm not sure where to leave my comment each card catches my eye and I'm wowed! Is that a word?!