September 23, 2010


I made this thinking of you card for my sister. She loves cats and I thought this image would be perfect for her.

My sister isn't in a good living situation right now and there's really no way that I am able to help her. I think of her often and I hope something will work out for her someday and until then all I can do is to let her know that I care and that I'm thinking about her.

My image was colored using my SU markers and I have to say that this image was a challenge for me. It really took some shading to help cover up the streak marks that you get from the SU markers. Sometimes I'll use my white gel pen for dots to help cover up the streakiness.

I really like the results I got from my decorative scoring and paper piercing dots combination that I have just below my image. First I scored the four score lines and then using my SU mat pack I aligned up the two paper pierced rows.

I decided to use a button with ribbon tied in the center and two certainly celery ribbon tabs in the upper right corner for my embellishments. Buttons aren't something that I usually use, but I like it on this card.

I'm posting early today because I have a ton of house work, so I'd better get busy! Have a great day!

Stamps:  Peace Within, Warmest Regards
Card Stock: White, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Glue Dots, White Gel Pen, Score-pal, Button
Technique: Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing Pin It

12 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love your gorgeous design -- it is clean, crisp and very elegant.

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty Patty and I think your coloring is just fabulous. Your sister is going to love this.
Lynn

Lori Ingebritson said...

Oh, Patty! This is soooo pretty! I just love it!

paige said...

Your card is sure to bring comfort to your sister. It definitely says you care.

Sarah said...

This card is amazing! I'm sure she will love it!

Rhonda Langley said...

I love this image and your scoring and paper piercing are very pretty-and even!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card & that image pretty much says it all, doesn't it? A cat lets us buy a chair so it can lounge in it!

Carrie said...

You know I've always liked this set but never ordered it. I'm sure your sister will love and appreciate this card. :) I think its wonderful

Donna Heber said...

Patty,

This is just gorgeous. You know I love cats and your sister will love this card. Great job coloring.

Emkay said...

Very sweet. You cards always have such great CAS style!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I always admire your coloring with markers- I find it so hard- make everything too dark! Your image is fabulous and love the scoring and piercing. What a nice reach out to your sis too!

Jessica said...

So cute!!