July 18, 2011


Happy Monday! It was a busy weekend (as usual), but I'm taking a few minutes to share with you the card I made using the new Stampin' Up! Flower Fest stamp set. I made this card for a card swap I participated in a few weeks ago. I'm sorry that my photo isn't the best quality, but I have since mailed my swap cards and so I cannot retake the photo.

I used a technique called 'one sheet wonder' to create my card. With this technique all you basically doing is creating your own pattern paper which is very easy. All you need to do is to take a sheet of blank card stock and randomly stamp your images using any colors you wish. I try to stick with colors that I will be using within my cards. Also, when stamping your images you will want to stamp them close together because once you cut your card stock apart it won't look as busy.

This is a picture of the stamp set I used. It is currently available in our Summer mini catalog. You will find it on page 20 and it is $27.95 for wood mount and $19.95 in the clear mount option. This is such a great set because several of our punches coordinate with it. The 1 3/8" circle, 2 3/8" scallop circle, fancy flower, 5 petal flower, and butterfly punches all coordinate with this set. I love when stamp sets have punches that work with them!
So once my one sheet wonder card stock was stamped I cut it apart and then began creating my cards.  I was able to get 6 cards created using my one sheet of stamped pattern paper.

My main (larger) flower was stamped 3 times.  Twice I stamped in using rose red ink and then one time I stamped it using pretty in pink ink.  I cut out the smaller (pretty in pink) and the smallest rose red stamped flowers using my SU paper snips and then I placed them on top of the first larger flower using my dimensionals.

Lastly, I added my birthday sentiment.  I decided not to add any ribbon on my card this time.  I sometimes do this when I'm mailing my cards in order to help keep the postage down and I did that with these cards because I figured that the swappers who received my card might be mailing them.

Stamps: Well Scripted, Flower Fest
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Certainly Celery
Supplies: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Rhinestones Jewels, Scissors, Dimensionals
Technique: One Sheet Wonder


Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net


Well that's about it for today, but before I sign off I promised (on Saturday) that I would share a picture of our new swimming pool. My yard isn't quite finished, but I'm almost there. What a ton of work it was to get our back yard together! Now I need to throw a pool party!  Hmmm...I think I need to purchase the new Sunny Fun and Summer Splash stamp sets (from our current mini).






Pin It

3 comments:

KER said...

wonderful card...i like to make my own dsp too...and that pool looks sooo inviting

TrishG said...

Beautiful card. Love the layout. Great colors. Very well done with that stamp set!!

Chloe said...

Hi Patty, just wanted to say I love the flower fest card. It's so fresh and bright. Very adorable!!

I hope you don't mind, but I've "borrowed" the design. It's just too good not to.

Thanks for the inspiration!!