February 18, 2011

Hi everyone!  Whew!  What a week I have been having.  I tried to get these posted earlier, but I didn't have a chance until just now.  I wanted to share with you the cards I made for my class this past Saturday. 

I'll post the details below each photo.  Sorry that some of the pictures aren't that great, but I don't have these cards anymore to retake the pictures.  I hope you like my cards and thanks for stopping by!


This card is similar to one I made last week, but I just loved the idea of having the hearts coming out of the envelopes so I decided to tweak that card so that it would be easier for my class and this is what I came up with.

I made the envelopes by taking a square piece of dp and folding in the three corners- I used glue dots to hold the envelope together.

Stamps:  I (Heart) Hearts, Holiday & Wishes
Card Stock: White, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, SU Dp
Ink: Real Red, Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Heart Clip, Scalloped Border Punch, Paper Crimper, Heart to Heart Punch, Glue Dots
Technique: Paper Crimping


I really like how this card turned out and it was perfect for my class because it wasn't too advanced.  This is such a cute layout too, I like using this layout when I have different dp that coordinates so well.

Stamps: Love You Much
Card Stock: White, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, SU Dp
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Real Red SU Marker, Scissors
Technique: Paper Piecing


This was the one card in my class that everyone seemed to like the best!  They complimented that they really liked this color combo for Valentine's Day and I like it too because it's not the traditional red, pink, and white Valentine's colors that we always seem to use.

This card was a little more involved because I added two rows of paper piercing along the bottom portion of my white card stock and I added some dd glitter on the stamped heart that we colored and cut out. 

Stamps: Love You Much, Well Scripted
Card Stock: White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, SU Dp
Ink: Real Red, Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scalloped Eyelet Border Punch, SU Markers, DD Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool
Technique: Paper Piercing


For this card I got the idea to use this background stamp from a card I saw in the splitcoast gallery.  I liked that this card seemed to be more of a masculine card for Valentine's Day and the ladies attending my card class did as well. 

The 'Be My Valentine' sentiment of the main image was stamped twice.  Once using real red ink and again using black ink and then the black portion was cut out and pieced/placed over top of the main image.

Stamps:  Be My Valentine, French Script
Card Stock: White, Black, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scissors
Technique: Paper Piecing Pin It

9 comments:

Annie Lee said...

Patty, these cards are great!!!! You are so talented! Will be CASE'ing a couple of these cards.

jimlynn said...

They're ALL just great! So pretty.
Lynn

Becky said...

All of these are beautiful.

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely, lovely Valentines. I too love the pink and brown card-one of my favorite color combos!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful collection of cards- love the envelope idea and love the bottom card- I thought I ordered that stamp...and did not.....!

Laurie HIMCR said...

WOW!!! These are all so wonderful!

Wendy said...

All your cards are beautiful, Patty! Love them!

The Mama Monkey said...

These are so cute! I bet all of your attendees were thrilled!

Carrie said...

All these valentines are wonderful. I love the envelope and heart charm on the first, the little bird image is so cute, I love the brown and pink one, one of my fav combos, and the bg stamp paired with that heart image works perfectly.