52 Christmas Card Throwdown Color Challenge




Good Morning!  This week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog challenge is a color challenge.  The colors for this challenge are:  green, brown, gold, and vanilla/cream.  I didn't have any gold card stock so I decided to get out my gold embossing powder and create a gold ornament.

I stamped the ornaments and then they were die cut using the ornament framelits.  The gold and green ornaments have dimensionals beneath them.  My very vanilla card stock layer has some score lines in the background and I did that by using my score board and scoring every few lines.

The designer series paper along the top portion of my card was punched using my scallop border punch and placed onto my card.  Then I tied some of the brown ribbon across the dsp and I added a button with some linen thread tied through it. 

Lastly, I added some small bows on each ornament using linen thread and I placed three pearls in the center of the green ornament.  My sentiment was stamped in the lower left hand corner (inbetween the embossed lines).

I've been a bit behind with my blogging lately and I apologize.  I just finished my card swap and I've been busy getting things ready for my new challenge blog to begin.  I'll be back to blogging regularly again in a few days.  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Retired DSP- Holly Berry Bouquet
Ink:  VersaMark, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi
Supplies:   Big Shot, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Simply Score Tool- for background score lines, Scallop Border Punch, Dimensionals, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Button, Gold Embossing Power, Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Basic Pearls
Technique:  Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

14 comments:

Pia S said...

The paper with scored lines is so decorative as background, what a great idea! The Christmas baubles are so elegant, and the colors go so well together. Lovely card!

Sheetal said...

Beautiful work..

Mynn xx said...

Patty, this is amazing!!! LOVE the use of this set and dies--I think they must go onto my "need" list! ;) Fabulous use of dry embossing and elements! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Lovely x3 Patty! I just got my order of those great ornament stamps and framelits. You've inspired me to get them out and start playing ASAP! Hugs D

Vicky Hayes said...

A beautiful way to use those ornaments Patty and gorgeous colours for Christmas!

Barb said...

Very pretty card Patty--love the layout!

Athina said...

Oh, I like this! It reminds me of a very pretty Christmas sweater!

:: BlueInks :: said...

This card looks so good. Love the layout and the colors.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Card.
Love it.

Jacqueline said...

Love this card Patty and I think I am going to have to get those stamps and dies - you make them look stunning - Jacqueline xx

Lela said...

Ooohh, I really like the ornaments and the colors on this card. I don't have the framelits but every time I see them I like them more and more! Great card

Ruth M said...

Sophisticated, elegant, classy and just an all round gorgeous card Patty - stunning!
Ruth x

Rosmarie said...

Oh, how beautiful these stamps are. I like the way you've arranged everything, and the colors go so well for this card.
Thank you so much for your nice comment about my card.
Greetings from France ...the German girl

Heather B said...

Great colors!!! Love how they're non-traditional.