November 11, 2011

Happy Friday! My kiddos have off from school today so I have to make this short today. They are waiting for their breakfast. I recently hosted a Christmas cookie recipe swap and this is the page that I made for my swap.  The cookie pages were to be designed with a holiday theme in mind.


The recipe I used is for my famous Chocolate Chip cookies. Really, everyone loves them. When I take them to bake sales they sell out fast and I have friends that wait for me to make them every year. I'll post the recipe below so that you can save it for yourself.

To make my page all I really did was to randomly stamp my background using old olive and cherry cobbler ink and then I decided to hunt for my spritzer tool and splatter my background. I really had to dig for my spritzer tool; I think it's been ages since I've used it. I used my cherry cobbler Stampin' Up! marker for my spritzing.

Then I printed my recipe from my computer and I decided not to go with the traditional black ink and so I tried picking a burgundy color ink that I thought would match. For my embellishment I used a spiral clip with a small piece of ribbon attached. That's a great way to use up some of your ribbon scraps.

That's about it for today. Just yesterday I decided to host my first cookie exchange party so I'm hoping all the new recipes from my swap will come in handy.

Have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday!  And before I forget here is my cookie recipe just in case you aren't able to read it from my photograph:

The best Chocolate Chip Cookies ever!

 Ingredients-
4 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks of marg or butter softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 (12 ounce) packages Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions-
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and
salt & set aside. Beat butter sugars and vanilla in mixer bowl
until creamy. Add eggs & mix well. Gradually beat in flour
mixture (I use my dough hooks when adding the flour since the
batter will become thick). Stir in morsels and nuts- (I mix in
these by hand). Drop cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
(They do not spread very much so you can place them close
together). Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let
cool, move to cooling rack, & let cool again. Enjoy!

Stamps: Bells & Boughs
Card Stock: White, Bravo Burgundy
Ink: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Supplies: Ribbon, Spiral Clip, Spritzer Tool, SU Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler Markers,
Technique:  Spritzer Tool

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

7 comments:

Athina said...

What a nice page. Very pretty!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Patty I will try your cookies for sure. I'm not a great baker and I am always looking for recipes. That stamp is great for backgrounds, it looks beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

I need to make that recipe! Great layout!

KristyLee said...

Patty,
Very sweet cookie recipe! Love all the BG stamping!! TFS! And TFS your cookie recipe! I just might try it out, always looking for a good Cho Chip cookie recipe!
Peace,
Kristy

Heather B said...

I like how the stamp in the upper corner of the recipe blends so nicely with the border piece.

Em said...

Like the stamp images and also the spray effect! They looks pretty!

By the way, I can't find how they charge shipping on the SU website... Could you copy and paste the URL when you stop by my blog. Thanks a lot!

Melina said...

I love your recipe card! very pretty!
I must admit that I stink at homemade chocolate chip cookies. I have copied and pasted your recipe into word and I'm gonna try them this weekend! Thanks for sharing :)