July 28, 2010

I've always wanted to try making a card by combining both the color and sketch challenge from Splitcoast. And so this is my first attempt at working with both challenges. The challenge colors were Crushed Concord, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz. 

Since I do not yet have any of the new colors I had to improvise.  I went with Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and Elegant Eggplant. My background paper is actually stamped by using the flower center stamp and I stamped it repeatedly using the same color ink pads.  I used my white gel pen for the white dots on the end of my modern label punched card stock.

I'm also submitting my card for the Treehouse Thursday Challenge.  The challenge was to use polka dots, what a fun and easy challenge!

Thanks for visiting, have a wonderful rest of the day and be sure to stop by tomorrow!

Stamps: Watercolor Garden, So Many Sayings
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Supplies: Ribbon, Cuttlebug, With Love Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, White Gel Pen
Technique:  Dry Embossing, 2 Step Stampin Pin It

11 comments:

KER said...

you did it again...nailed the challenges...great work...pretty as a picture card

Carrie said...

this is a great color combo and I really like what you did with the sketch

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a beautiful card! I love the bold colors teamed with the stark white! Gorgeous!

Emkay said...

What a pretty card to combine the two challenges. Your flower looks great using those colours.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty combined challenge card! You have such a great knack for color!

Mary said...

so pretty, how do you do your bows, they are so perfect!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous, I love this color combo and the watercolor look to the flowers.

Neva said...

Patty this so pretty, love it. Great job on this and thanks for playing along with Treehouse Thursday's PolkaDot Challenge

Kelly H said...

How clever to make your own dots with the flower center! Very nice - thanks for playing along with us in the Treehouse Thursday Challenge.

dawnmercedes said...

GORGEOUS card! love the "polka dots!"

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

This is such a pretty card Patty! I just adore you flower center polka dots... ingenious I say!!

Thank you so much for playing along with the Treehouse Stamps Thursday challenge!

Heather Prince
aka: Princessheather