September 20, 2009


Hi everyone! Well, it's another beautiful day here. The sun is shining and it's nice and cool, I just wish that I felt better so that I could enjoy it. My daughter was sick with a cold last week and her doctor said that it was highly contagious and that it is likely that everyone in the house will get it; and so far the baby is the only one who hasn't got it (thank goodness).

Today's featured stamper is tankgrl, congrats Heather! I chose to case this card from her gallery. I've always wanted to try and make one of these cards and her card gave me the perfect start. The things I changed on my card are: I used a different stamp set, different ribbon, my sponged background is a bit different, and slightly different colors of blue.

I made a mask by cutting a large rectangle using my Coluzzle template. Then I took the mask and placed it over my card and I began sponging using Bashful Blue ink. The rest was pretty easy. I just started stamping my snowflakes using Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Night of Navy ink (the Night of Navy ink was stamped off onto a piece of scrap paper first).

I added some bling gem stones to the center of the larger snowflakes. I tied my ribbon with some SU silver cording. Then I took the ends of the cording and I tied them together in the center of the knot in my ribbon. I'm still deciding if I like the way my ribbon treatment turned out. For some reason my ribbon looks a lot darker in my picture than it really is. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. I'm off to make my card for tomorrow's CAS challenge.
Pin It

2 comments:

TrishG said...

I love this card. Love the blue section in the middle. Love the snowflakes. Beautiful

Cookie said...

So PRETTY!! LOVE the masking and the bling!