March 1, 2012

Wow, can you believe it's March already?  Only 20 more days until spring and I'm so looking forward to it!  I was in a spring sort of mood this morning when I was making this card.  I followed this week's Belli sketch challenge found here.  Below is a picture of the sketch-


We are also to use our old and forgotten embellishments.  Well, as I was going through my scrap bin and looking for some designer paper scraps to use to on my card; I found a new roll of crumb cake ribbon.  I didn't even know I had that ribbon, so it sure was forgotten and the real red button I used was older.  I remember buying those buttons with one of my very first Stampin' Up! orders.

The stamp set I used on my card today is a current set available in the occasions mini catalog called 'Send Me Soaring'.  I began making my card by stamping the kites and cutting them out.  Then on my main image panel I stamped the kite tails and then I adhered the kites on my card (I like how the kites are up above the image panel it looks pretty neat).  My image panel is placed onto my card using dimensionals.

For the three embellishments above my image panel I decided to go with some clouds.  Again, I stamped them and then cut them out and then I decided to add a touch of glitter along the edges of my clouds using a 2 way glue pen and some dazzling diamonds glitter.  I love this glitter; it's so shimmery and a little goes a long way.

Well, that's about it for my card the rest of it was just a matter of assembling it following the Belli sketch,  which by the way I thought was a great sketch- so different and it was easy to work with.

In case you aren't able to read my sentiment it reads- hope everything looks up soon!

Have a great evening!  See you tomorrow!

StampsSend Me Soaring
Card Stock:  White, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack - Subtles Collection, Pawsitively Prints II Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Real Red, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake
Supplies: Ribbon, Button, Twine, Dimensionals, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scissors- for cutting out the kites and clouds, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Technique: 2 Step Stampin'

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

9 comments:

Melina said...

This is so cute Patty! I love the clouds you made :)

StephC said...

This is wonderful! Love the colors, the kites, everything. So glad you joined us at the Creative Belli challenge!

KristyLee said...

Patty,
Looks so dimensional! What a fun card!
Peace,
Kristy

Markey said...

those clouds are a great take on the three accessories on the sketch ... love it! Hope you are having a GREaT SALE-A-Bration!

Thanks for joining the Creative Belli Challenge
~Markey

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is FABULOUS! LOVE the colors and those clouds are the perfect accent!!! LOVE it! :)

Lela said...

Super cute! I really like the kites, they're perfect for a Spring Card! Fun colors too

Margaret said...

Love your take on the sketch with clouds and kites.
Hugs
Margaret M

paige said...

What a sweet Spring card! Love the clouds! Thank you for joining our Creative Belli sketch challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- congrats for being chosen as the Belli for the Sketch challenge!!!