March 5, 2012

Good morning!  The blog group that I belong to has monthly challenges and today is the day for our monthly challenge and I forgot all about it so I whipped up this card in no time.  This challenge this month was to create a card using:  different shades of green, a "blessings" or "thankfulness" sentiment, and to use a nature element somewhere on our cards such as a plant, sun, flower, grass, etc.

And so this is what I came up with.  I used the square flower stamp from the sale-bration stamp set Fresh Vintage.  I stamped it twice using old olive and once using certainly celery ink.  I punched them out and layered them on coordinating card stock.

The designer series paper that I used is from the current occasions mini catalog and it's called Twitterpated.  For my ribbon treatment I used retired hodge podge hardware and some ribbon.  By the way, you can still purchase Stampin' Up's! hodge podge hardware from the clearance rack.

I used a thank you sentiment and layered it using my word window and modern label punch and I did use one more punch on my card.  I used the eyelet border punch to punch out the white card stock towards the bottom of my card.  I totally forgot I had that punch until I found it in the back of my drawer. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  If you have time be sure to check out the other cards from my blog group.  I'll post links to their blogs below.  Have a great day!

Lost in the Land of Stamping

Stamps:  Fresh Vintage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: White, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Twitterpated DSP- from current occasions mini
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Supplies: Ribbon, Hodge Podge Hardware, Brad, 1 3/8" Square Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Crop-a-dial- for hole for brad

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

9 comments:

Melina said...

Oh my goodness! Patty, this is amazing! I love what you did with the ribbon! Wow! The papers are so sweet. I love it. Thanks for being a part of the Crafty Gals! :)

Barb said...

Patty--this card is so pretty! I love the design and that stamp set is perfect for this challenge!

Thanks for being a part of this fun group of ladies!

Ana Carolina Little said...

WOW Patty, this is such a gorgeous card!!!. It looks so clean? and fancy. Perfect!!!

Jacquel said...

This is a great card Patty! I love your layout....very nice work with the challenge Hun & TFS!!!

Athina said...

Awesome card! I really like what you did with the swirly embellishment and ribbon. Very sweet!

Heather B said...

I love you you use your hardware...and the brad that holds the ribbon back. Gorgeous!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this card is amazing! What a great technique with the ribbon and hardware, and the placement of the images, too. Very pretty!

Lela said...

Wow, if you "whipped this together" I'm jealous! Your card is wonderful! Very pretty

Becky said...

I love this! Great layout and love how you did the hardware.