Doily Heart Valentine



Good morning!  I've been busy making some Valentine's Day cards and this is one of the cards I made for the Creative Crew challenge on Splitcoast stampers.  My card actually fits 2 of the Creative Crew challenges this month, to use a doily and to create a Valentine's Day card. 

I also made this card for the inspiration challenge for our ABC blog challenge this week and that challenge is an inspiration challenge using the theme of candy hearts.  Your inspiration could include fun or mushy sentiment, pastel colors, little hearts or whatever else you think of when you think of Candy Hearts.  I went with the heart theme for my Valentine's Day card.


My background is dry embossed using the perfect polka dots embossing folder.  I have four banners placed towards the left side of my card.  I used my 1" square punch to notch out the V part of the banner.  It's so much easier to notch out the end using the square punch.

To create the red heart I punched out the heart using the full heart punch and real read card stock.  Then I used the same full heart punch and I punched out the heart shape using a doily I had cut out from the Paper Doily Sizzlits.  It's hard to see in my photo so I wanted to point out that I added some glitter on the punched doily heart.

I hope you like my Valentine card and we'd love to have you play along with the Creative Crew at Splitcoast Stampers and over at the ABC Challenge blog!  Have a great day!

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  White, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Button, Twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, 1" Square Punch, Paper Doily Sizzlits, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits, Full Heart Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Circle Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Technique:  Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

3 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful Patty, love the design and love your heart.

Danielle Vincent said...

Gorgeous card Patty!! Love that embossed pattern on the heart and the doily.

Jacquel said...

How pretty & sparkly is this?!!! Love the layout Patty...TFS!!!