ABC Challenges ~ Birthday Card Challenge

Hi everyone!  I had an awful cold and then I got better and now it's back again so I haven't been feeling well enough to post any cards last week.  I still have a cough that just won't go away, but everyday I'm getting better.  Hopefully I'll be posting more this week.

Today's card I made for this week's ABC blog challenge.  Since it's my birthday this week, and my husband's birthday, and my little girl's birthday, I thought it would be nice to have a birthday challenge.  So this week at ABC challenges we are making birthday cards.  You can create any birthday card you would like so come on over and enter your card, we'd love to visit your blog!
My card was fairly easy to make.  I stamped the birthday banner along the top using rich razzleberry ink and the banner didn't quite reach all the way to the end of the card stock so I simply used my rich razzleberry marker to draw in the rest of the banner.  I added the cut out balloon on top of where the stamped image ended to hide where I began to draw in the banner.

For my main balloon image, I stamped the balloon strings using rich razzleberry ink and then I stamped the image again, but the second time I colored it using my SU markers.  I wanted to balloons to be different colors and using markers is the easiest way to do that.  Then I stamped the balloons again using my markers and I cut them out and placed a dimensional under each to to pop them up.  I also stamped a few more balloons to add onto my card and then I took a small piece of twine to create a bow and I place the bows on a few of the balloons using a glue dot.

The technique I used on the balloons in my image is called spotlighting.  And if you're not sure what that technique is here is a tutorial I found on splitcoast stampers.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening!

Stamps:  Patterned Party
Card Stock:  White, Rich Razzleberry, DSP- International Bazaar
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry
Supplies:  Twine, SU Markers, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Scissors- for cutting out balloons, dimensionals, Glue Dots
Technique:  Spotlighting

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

9 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Wow Patty! Love your card! What an inspiration it is.. Happy Birthday and hope you get to feeling better! Happy birthday to your hubby and daughter too... :) Kathi

Becky said...

So glad you are feeling better Patty. Every one I know including myself has come down with something this year.

Beautiful card! Love the design paper you used for the balloons.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Super cute card. I love that Razzleberry color!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this card is soooooooo pretty! I love the banner. It adds so much to your card. Fun!!!

Rosie Gustafson said...

Patty, I really love your card. Awesome color. I love how you raised the baloons. Great card all around!!! Xx Rosie

Danielle Vincent said...

Oooh I love that spotlighting technique - must try it! A very fun and colorful card Patti. Happy belated birthday - hope it was absolutely wonderful! Hugs D

AnnMarie said...

Such a cute card! Love those party balloons! Hope you feel better soon! :)

Jacquel said...

Too cute Patty & I love your design! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

Unknown said...

I stumbled on ABC birthday card challenge and saw this card! I must say that this is one of the most beautiful, will definitely make a pretty birthday greetings. Thanks for sharing!