Secret Garden Flowers


Good morning!  I love this new Secret Garden stamp set and coordinating framelits from the Spring Catalog!  I made this card using the color challenge from the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew challenge.  The colors we were to use were:  Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, & Sahara Sand.  Come join us and play along with the Creative Crew Challenges

I stamped the flowers and cut them out using the coordinating framelits.  Some of the flower centers were made my stamping the flowers again and punching out the centers using a punch from the itty bitty shapes punch pack and then I placed the centers on top of the flowers.

My honeycomb oval background was made by first cutting out an oval shape and I used the oval collection framelits for that and then I dry embossed the oval using the honeycomb embossing folder.  Remember, cut first and emboss second!

Then I placed my background onto my card and I began arranging my flowers.  Some of the flowers were placed onto my card using glue dots and some have dimensionals underneath them.  I even have some dimensionals stacked to raise up some of the flowers even more.

Once my flowers were arranged on my card I added my sentiment.  My sentiment is from the current SAB set, Bloomin' Marvelous.  It's stamped and layered using oval punches and I have dimensionals under my oval sentiment.  Then I decided it would be neat to place a small pearl at each of the hexagon corners as well as inside the center of the hexagons.  This is a great way to use up those really tiny pearls.  I did this step last so that I wouldn't end up wasting pearls and placing them where you wouldn't see them.

I want to give a special thank you to all of my new followers, you are the reason I keep blogging!  I love sharing my cards with you!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Secret Garden, Bloomin' Marvelous- for the sentiment
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Pretty In Pink, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
Supplies:  Big Shot, Secret Garden Framelits, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Basic Pearls,  Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Oval Collection Framelits
Technique:  Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

10 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

Beautiful card. I love the little pearls!! And that the honeycomb EF is on an oval. very nice!!
txjennywren.blogspot.com

Becky said...

I love this Pattie, love how you used the new embossing folder too.

Created by Kathi said...

can't wait to try cutting first then embossing and adding pearls or other sparklies to my background piece... thanks for inspiring! Kathi

debbie said...

Thank you for sharing :0)

LOVE the colors and the stamp set!
hugs

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card...

fiddlinfan said...

Your card is beautiful! You mixed the pinks in just the right way. I've had qualms about this stamp set because the flowers look so flat and lifeless. But I really like how they turned out in your card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Patty - this card is stunning! I think the way you used the honeycomb embossing folder is way too cool and those flowers are gorgeous!

:: BlueInks :: said...

This card turned out great. I love those colors together. The layered, cut flowers are placed perfectly. The small pearls are a perfect addition.

Karen Howard said...

Lovely bouquet of flowers, I love the embossing folder you used on this! Hugs, Karen

Jacquel said...

Wow! I've been contemplating about this die & I think you just pushed me over the edge! I LOVE your card & colors...well just everything about this card is GORGEOUS!!!!!!