April 4, 2011


Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  My weekend was uneventful, but I did start some spring cleaning.  I hope Mother Nature soon gets the memo that it's spring!

Today's card uses the Build a Blossom stamp set.  This card was so easy to make and I love the little added touch the pearls give, they are a great embellishment to any card or project.

I first stamped the petal images by inking up my stamp and stamping off onto a piece of scrap card stock and then I stamped it onto the card stock I was using.  Next, I used the second leaf image, but this time I did not 'stamp off' and that's the technique that will give you the two toned look using the same ink pad. I did this process for both my large and small petals.

Once I had my images stamped, I punched them out using the blossoms petal punch, but you will want to be sure and leave enough room in-between your images so that when you are using your punch you won't be punching out the next image- ask me how I know...LOL 

My next step was to begin assembling my flower.  I did this by simply punching out a 1 3/8" circle and I applied adhesive all over the circle and then I placed my flower on top.  I did add some more adhesive as I went along, but the smaller punched circle and the silver brad on top of my flower hide all of the piecing of the flower.  I used my bone folder to curl the petals on my card outward- I did this to try a different look.

My background was created by using the top note die and my big shot and my sentiment is from Stampin' Up! hostess set Silhouette Sentiments.

My daughter really liked this card and I hope you do too!  Thanks for stopping by, remember I will be offering some awesome Stampin' Up blog candy once we reach 200 followers, so spread the word!

Be sure to check back tomorrow because I made a really cute card for a card swap I signed up for.  Have a great rest of the day!

Stamps:  Build a Blossom, Stem Silhouettes
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, SU DP
Ink: Baja Breeze, Black Stazon
Supplies: Basic Pearls, Silver Brad, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Blossom Petals Punch, Paper Piercing Tool- to create the hole for the brad, Bone Folder- to curl the petals, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: 2 Step Stampin'

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!

To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

No comments: