April 5, 2011



Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for a card swap that I signed up for.  For this swap we were able to create any type of card we wanted and with Mother's Day coming up next month, I thought this would be perfect.

I just bought this stamp set called Painted Petals and I just love it!  I know many of us have lots of flower stamps, but I just can't get enough flowers.  I like how versatile my flower stamp sets are, they are great for birthdays, Mother's Day, thinking of you, sympathy thank you, and more!  Plus this particular set has images that coordinate with our Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack- I love it when the stamps and punches go together.


All I did to create my flower was to stamp the images, cut them out, and layer them.  I used my crop-a-dial to set the eyelet that I placed in the center of my flower.  I haven't used any eyelets in a long time, so I decided to put them out and see if I can still remember how to use them....LOL

The rest of my card was fairly simple.  I used my big shot and elegant lines embossing folder to emboss my background.  I used the eyelet border punch for the punched border along my melon mambo card stock layer and I used my white gel pen to create the row of dots along the bottom of my tempting turquoise layer.

My Happy Mother's Day sentiment is from the level II hostess set called something to celebrate.  This hostess set is wonderful and it's filled with lots of great sentiments for all sorts of occasions.  This set is only available in the current mini catalog as a hostess set until April 30th.  For more information on how you can earn this set, feel free to send me an email.
Well, that's about it for today.  I'm off to update my next blog post- I'm running behind this week!  Have a great rest of the day!  See you tomorrow!

Stamps: Printed Petals, Something to Celebrate- level II hostess set
Card Stock:  White, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Supplies: Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Scissors- for cutting out the flowers, Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Crop-a-dial, Eyelet
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!

To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

1 comment:

Kim said...

Really cute card! I bought this set when it first came out, yet I've never used it. I think I need to get it out to make Mother's Day cards!

Kim
http://uscrap2.blogspot.com/