Twisted Tuesday Challenge ~ Patriot Day



Good Morning!  Today's Twisted Tuesday challenge is in remembrance of 911, Patriot Day.  The challenge this week is to create a sympathy or thinking of you card/project in honor of Patriot Day, a day in the US when we remember those that died on 9/11/01.  There is no crafty twist on the challenge this week.

I used a retired Stampin' Up! stamp called 'God Bless America'.  I cut the flag stamp apart and I made it so that I could use this stamp easier.  The stripes portion of the stamp and the heart portion of the stamp are cut apart so all I needed to do was to ink up and stamp.  I stamped the image and then I decided to add my ribbon along the left side.   I stamped and punched out my sympathy sentiment and I tied it on the ribbon.  The flag image layer was sponged all along the edges and it is popped up using dimensionals.  Below my flag image layer, I added a piece of white card stock that was punched using my scallop border punch.

The wording paper on my background is actually the words from 'God Bless America' and I printed them out using my computer.  I sponged around the edges to sort of give it that distressed look.   I then punched out three small flowers, one red, white, and blue and I added a basic pearl in the center of them.  I used the spring bouquet punch for these daisy flowers and they were placed on my card using dimensionals.

Also, just a reminder....Melina is currently looking for some new design team members.  If you are interested in applying please see her blog post found here.

I hope you liked my card today!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  And a great big thank you to my new followers. 

*card #94 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  God Bless America, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Night of Navy, White, Real Red, Saraha Sand, DSP- Sahara Sand 6x6 Paper Pack, DSP- Polka Dot Parade, God Bless America Paper - was computer generated
Ink:  Real Red, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand
Supplies:  Ribbon, Twine, Paper Piercing Tool- for hole for twine, Jewerly Tag Punch, Spring Bouquet Flower Punch, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Scallop Border Punch, Sponge
Technique:  Sponging, Distressing, 2 Step Stampin',

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

3 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

LOVE IT!!!

Jacquel said...

Very nice Patty! The layout & colors are great!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like the background you created. The colors and layout are great. Good job!