April 13, 2012

Yikes!  It's Friday the 13th.  I didn't even realize that until I started typing my post for today.  But anyway, here's my card for today!  I've been on a roll lately combining challenges, it's so fun!  I made this card for-

-- Today's free for all challenge on splitcoast stampers- we were to use inchies.
-- CAS-ual Friday blog- we were to choose 2 opposite colors from the color wheel. I used red & green
-- 365 Cards - Just a touch.  Select an image to add to your card, adding just a touch of color to it.
-- DYSU Challenge Blog - getting our Glitter or Bling on.  There is glitter on my center flower (It was hard to get a better photograph of my glitter, but it's there).
 
I stamped my three images and punched them out using my square punch.  In keeping with the 365 blog challenge to only color a touch of my image I decided to be a little more creative and I colored the center image and left the other two without any color- I think this looks pretty neat!  My flower image panel is placed on my card using dimensionals.

I used the accents edgelit die for my scalloped poppy parade border.  To make my ribbon treatment I placed a piece of sticky tape across my card and then I scrunched it by folding the ribbon back and forth until I got the ruffled look I wanted.  I used my piercing tool to help me do this. 

Then I added my button with a piece of twine tied in a bow.  I only have white SU twine so I used my poppy parade marker to color it red- if you do this make sure your twine is dry before you work with it.

I sort of felt that the bottom of my card was a bit too plain and so I decided to add just a dry embossed rows using my simply scoring tool.

Well, that's all for today!  Have a great weekend and I hope your Friday the 13 is a good one!

Stamps:  Dreams Du Jour
Card Stock:  White, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz- in color designer series paper stack
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies:  1 1/4" Square Punch, Ribbon, Twine, Button, Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die, Simply Scoring Tool, SU Markers- poppy parade & pear pizzazz, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip Tape
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

14 comments:

*Alison* said...

so cute! I love how you have your ribbon.. it's perfect..
Hugs
Alison
Owner-The Alley Way Stamps
www.thealleywaystamps.com

Athina said...

I really like how the middle image is colored and the other are not. Great card!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Patty! LOVE your use for these two colors. You made a non-Christmas card with the red and green, that is quite an achievement in my eyes!Love the ribbon treatment and use of inchies! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

Really lovely!! I'm glad you had some with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Becky said...

This is just lovely.. Beautiful design.

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty! Great idea to only color in the center inchie-cool look! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Laura Davis said...

Awwww this is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little creation. Love the colours and the repetitive image.
Hugs
Desire

Jacqueline Muller said...

I love your card: it's pretty, romantic and a very clean layout.

Michelle Looi said...

Nice little touch there!
~ Thanks for joining us at 365cards
Michelle

Michelle Looi said...

Nice little touch there!
~ Thanks for joining us at 365cards
Michelle

Heather B said...

Beautiful!!!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Beautiful card!! So elegant looking. I love the colors and the romance. Gloria

Visit my blog - would love more members.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Karen B. said...

What a great card, I especially like the ruffled/pleated trim and scored lines. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!