Crafty Gal Blog Group Project

Hi everyone!  Today I made something different. The blog group I belong to has a monthly challenge and this month is was Athina's turn to host a challenge and her challenge was to  "Think Outside the Box".  We were to create a project with no squares or rectangles (not even the base of a card or scrapbook layout). Plus we were to try a new technique.

I ended up making a Christmas ornament.  This is the very first ornament I've ever made.  So what do you think, how did I do?  Below I have a few more close up photos for you.




I used the circle 3-D ornament die that is currently on the clearance rack on Stampin' Up! Here is the link in case you wanted to check it out and I also have a picture posted below for you.  I simply ran the die through my big shot using designer series paper.  It really helps if you use papers from the same pack of dsp becasue they will all match nicely. 

Once my circles were cut out I just folded along the scored lines and started adhering the circles together.  There are 20 total circles on my ornament. 

Before I closed up my ornament with the last few circles, I made a loop with some ribbon and tied a knot at the end.  Then I inserted the ribbon through the ornament so that the knot would be on the inside and I pulled the rest of the ribbon through and opening where the circles meet.  Next, I add the last few circles to finish my ornament and then I decided to add a bow towards the bottom of my ribbon.
If you have time be sure to visit the projects from the other memebers in my blog group-

Lela
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps:  None
Card Stock:  DSP- Be of Good Cheer
Ink: None
Supplies:  Big Shot, 3D Circle Die, Raspberry Ripple Ribbon


Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

11 comments:

Jacquel said...

Totally cute project Patty! It's fabulous & perfect for the challenge!!!

Melina said...

Wow! This is awesome Patty! I can't believe you've never made an ornament...you are a pro! Great colors, great project :)

Barb said...

Very Cute Ornament Patty. I really like the papers you used and it is very pretty!

Athina said...

That is one cool ornament! It looks like a lot of work went into it with all the circles. Great job on the challenge.

Unknown said...

Great ornament!

:: BlueInks :: said...

This ornie is just perfect. You chose the perfect papers too!

Created by Kathi said...

Love this project! Thanks so much for sharing this inspiration. Would love to have that die! Thanks for the inspiration Patty! Kathi

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

I love your ornament. Great job for your first ornament. The DSP matches perfectly.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this is GORGEOUS! I love the way you incorporated so many papers into a beautiful project. I think it would look absolutely stunning hanging on a Christmas tree with the soft glow of Christmas lights shining off of those papers!

You really thought outside the box!

Heather B said...

GREAT idea!!!

TrishG said...

Really nice ornament. Great job making something 3D