February 15, 2010


Hi everyone! Here's my card for this week's Clean & Simple challenge. The challenge this time was to create a card for spring. This was such a great challenge and now that Valentine's Day is over I'll start making some more spring and Easter cards. I actually have some images colored and ready to go, all I need to do now is assemble some cards.

I decided to use my Garden Whimsy stamp set for today's card. My neighbor's driveway is all lined up with tulips in the spring time so that was my inspiration for my card. I cut the flower stem away from the tulip stamp so that it is two different stamps rather than one. It makes for easier stamping.

This card was so quick and easy. I just stamped the stems and then I turned the stem stamp upside-down and then I stamped some more stems. Next, I stamped the tulips just over the stems. (My tulip and stem stamp are cut apart and they are two stamps instead of one- it makes for easier stamping).

Then I stamped a few more tulips and I cut them out and placed them over some of the lower stems. The ladybug was also stamped and cut out, but I drew in the antennas by hand. My butterfly was first stamped using the rock and roll technique and then I colored the antennas and body using my black SU marker.

I hope you like my spring card, and thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Card Stock: White
Ink: Black Stazon, Only Orange, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, and Pale Plum
Supplies: SU Markers, SU Scissors for cutting the flowers and butterfly
Technique: 2 Step Stampin, Rock n' Roll
Pin It

4 comments:

Laura said...

so beautiful and springy.I love all the techniques you used.I love lady bugs.TFS

jimlynn said...

So pretty! I really like how you did the tulips. Neat idea.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a darling card! I bet the edge of that driveway is quite the pretty sight! Love this!!!

Carrie said...

Patty I love what you did with this set. I'm definitly going to use this set more often. thanks for the inpsiration.