February 25, 2010

Well, we are getting snowed in today and I thought today would be a good day to spend some time and upload some cards into my Splitcoast card gallery. You can find my Splitcoast card gallery here if anyone would like to see it. I only started blogging about 8 months ago so there are lots of cards in my gallery that I haven't posted here on my blog.

The three cards that I'm uploading today were made for the closing ceremonies for the spring CAS DT. We were to create sketch cards based on three cards that Jen (Miss Boo) chose from her gallery.

My first card was made based on this card from Jen's gallery.

I used my Because of You stamp set and as I was looking at this stamp set I noticed the small background stamp and I thought it would be great for making my own pattern paper.

I just stamped that image randomly onto my card stock and then I colored in the flowers and dots using my SU markers.

Then I stamped my flower image and again colored it using my SU markers. The last thing I did was to add my ribbon and stamp my sentiment, easy peasy.

Stamps: Because of You, Curvy Verses
Card Stock: White
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Stamp-a-ma-jig

My second sketch card was based on this card from Jen's gallery.

This is another really easy card. I just colored my stamp using my SU markers and then I stamped my image onto my card stock.

For the flower border along the top part of my card I used the small tri-flower stamp and I only inked up the flower on the end of the stamp and I stamped it along the scalloped edge and I added a few dots in-between them.

In the bottom right corner I just stamped two butterflies. I was going to stamp and then cut them out, but I wanted my card to be quick and cutting out these butterflies was pretty intricate.

Stamps: Live Your Dream, It's Your Birthday
Card Stock: White, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Ink: Black Stazon, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Scallop Border Punch

My last sketch card was based on this card from Jen's gallery. This card is called a topper card and this is the first topper card that I've ever made. The main part of my card measures 4" x 4" and I adjusted the topper part so that my finished card measures 4" x 5 1/2".

This was another easy card. I just stamped the boots, stems, and then the Easter Eggs. Next, I cut out my stamped image into a circle shape and then assembled my card.

Once my card was finished I decided to stamp and cut out a few Easter Eggs; I placed them just to the left side of my image.

Stamps: Flower Filled
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Pale Plum
Supplies: Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Crimper, Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Scissors, Coluzzle, Scissors- for cutting out the Easter Eggs
Technique: 2 Step Stampin

I'd like to take a minute to say congratulations to the new Spring CAS DT! I'm looking forward to seeing what you ladies have in store for us. I'm a CAS addict you know....!

Thanks for stopping by! Pin It

6 comments:

Carrie said...

All 3 are wonderful, I especially like the middle one. I like that they are all springy too, we have snow flying again ugh.

jimlynn said...

These are just wonderful. Love all the Spring colors. So pretty.

Shelli Deckard said...

I usually visit your blog daily, but life has kept me away for a couple weeks. I just wanted to tell you that all the cards and things for the last couple weeks are gorgeous! I am very inspired, and as soon as I unpack the boxes in my craft room, I will come back here to CASe you!

TrishG said...

All three are great CAS cards and very spring-y. The second one with the regal rose and rose red is my favorite I think.

Karen Howard said...

WOW, all three cards are gorgeous! Love the curvy sentiment in the first, how you colored the flowers in the second and the bow in the third is so perfect it ROCKS!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely cards!!! Love the CAS layouts!!!