August 12, 2010

Hi everyone!  I'm sorry that I'm running a bit behind with my blog this week, but I'm catching up with it now.

This was a hard card for me to make.  I wasn't quite sure if this would be suitable, but I'm hoping my friend likes it.  It's actually for a friend who I used to work with a few years ago. 

Her son passed away about three weeks ago and this is the second child that she has lost, both due to an illness.  I can't even imagine how she is coping, but I'm hoping my card will offer my condolences and also to let her know that I've been thinking about her.

I stamped my tree image using chocolate chip ink and then I just randomly stamped the greens and pink along the branches.

Next, using my stamp-a-ma-jig I added the tire swing image and the boots. 

I ended up placing my sentiment and ribbon on the same side of my card, so I felt that I needed to balance it out a little bit, so I punched out a small corner using my photo corner punch, but the small corner was still just a little too big.  I simply used my paper snips to trim just a little off of each side of the certainly celery corner and now it fits perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by!  Tomorrow I'll be posting two thank you cards I made for my mother in law.

Stamps: Branch Out, Warmest Regards
Card Stock: White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, SU DP
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Certainly Celery
Supplies: Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Photo Corners Punch, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Dimensionals
Technique:  Paper Piercing, 2 Step Stampin' Pin It

No comments: