52 Christmas Card Throwdown ~ Chipboard


Good Morning!  This week's 52 Count Christmas Card Throwdown blog challenge is an embellishment challenge and the embellishment we are using is chipboard.  I didn't have any chipboard, so I had to think outside the box a little bit.

No chipboard, no problem!  I simply saved an empty cereal box and cut it apart and I ran the cardboard through my big shot machine using my snowflake die.  Then using the same snowflake die I cut some silver glimmer card stock and I placed that on top of my cereal cardboard cut out.  Worked like a charm!  I now had a chipboard snowflake to create a card with.  And just to show you that I really did cut a die out of a cereal box I took a photo and I posted below.

I began making the background of my card by first cutting a piece of white card stock 4" x 5 1/4".  Then I took a labels collection die and placing it towards the top of my card stock and I ran it through my big shot machine.  Then I took a scrap piece of real red card stock and using my petals-a-plenty embossing folder I ran it through my big shot machine.  Once I was finished with that I placed the dry embossed real red panel behind my white card base.

Next, I began to glue my large snowflake layers starting with the largest glittery, chipboard layer followed by the chocolate chip punched snowflake, real red ribbon bow, and button with the twine tied in the center.

Along the bottom of my white card base I used my scallop embossing folder from the adorning accents embossing folder set for the dry embossed scallops and then I used my paper piercing pack for the paper piercing just below the scallops.  I decided to add a few red dots above the scallops using my real red marker.

Sorry for the long post today.  My card was a little more involved today and I wanted to be sure to explain everything for you.  Have a great weekend and be sure to visit the other design team member's cards on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog

*card #74 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  Christmas Greetings
Card Stock:  White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Supplies:  Big Shot, Ribbon, Twine, Button, Snowflake Punch, SU Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Piercing Tool, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Labels Collection Framelits, Snowflake Die, SU Real Red Marker, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Tombow Mulit Glue, Glue Dots, Glue Gun
Technique: Dry Embossing, Die Cutting, Paper Piercing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

5 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Seriously gorgeous and an AMAZING tip for making chipboard!!! LOVE the glittery snowflake layered with all those goodies. It's beautiful! :)

Marilyn said...

Wow... this is fabulous!

KristyLee said...

Oh my gosh Patty, I love this card! This is so pretty, I love the way you put it all together!!
Peace,
Kristy

Ruth M said...

Gorgeous card Patty, love that big sparkly snowflake and all the luscious detailed touches you added! Fab colour combo too!
Ruth x

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my word - I finally got through tonight to leave you a note - third times the charm and I'm so excited. This is just a wonderful card - you are so resourceful and such a great teacher - I love how you are always sharing your tricks, tips and techniques. Stunning chipboard snowflake :o)