Splitcoast Creative Crew Challenges

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all!  I have some exciting news to share with you.  I have been asked to be a member of the Creative Crew on Splitcoast Stampers.  Of course I was honored and more than happy to accept so for the next few months I will be posting cards that I make for those challenges.  Here is a link to the creative crew challenges.  Once you are on that page simply click on the month you would like to view.  These cards are for my January challenges.

The challenge I made this card for was for us to focus on the new designer series paper found in the spring catalog.  We were to choose our favorite DSP.  Well since I haven't placed my order for the spring catalog I had to improvise.  I decided to create my own dsp and my inspiration came from the new Sunshine & Sprinkles dsp in the spring catalog.  I created the polka dots using my ink pads and a pencil eraser.

My background was dry embossed using the perfect polka dots embossing folder and towards the bottom of my card I added three rows of paper piercing.  My melon mambo layer was scored using my simply score tool and then I folded it at each line and placed it onto my card using tombow glue.

My drink images were stamped and I stamped an extra of the daffodil delight glass and I cut it out and placed a dimensional underneath it to raise it up a bit and then I stamped the same stamp again using melon mambo ink and I cut out the liquid portion of the drink and I placed that on top of my image.

Lastly I added my ribbon, sentiment, button with twine, and some glittler on the drink images.  I hope you like my card; I really like how colorful it turned out.

Stamps:  Happy Hour
Card Stock:  White, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Basic Gray
Supplies:  Ribbon, Button, Twine, Simply Score Tool, Dimensionals, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Scissors, Word Window Punch, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Pencil
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piecing, Paper Piercing


The challenge for this card was to create an anniversary card since it's Stampin' Up's 25th anniversary.  We were also to use the sketch below.  I kept this card fairly simple and most of my time was spent stamping.  I first stamped the flower stem and then I stamped the flowers and once that was finished I stamped over my entire image panel using the En Francais background stamp and crumb cake ink.  My image panel was placed onto my card using dimensionals.

My background was dry embossed using my big shot and vintage wallpaper embossing folder and to complete my card I added my ribbon and some twine holding my happy anniversary sentiment which I punched out using my word window punch.
Stamps:  Field Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes, En Francais
Card Stock:  White, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi
Ink:  Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Supplies:  Ribbon, Twine, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
Technique:  Dry Embossing, 2 Step Stampin'



This card was made for our SIP challenge.  We were to create a card using just stamps, inks and paper.  I also used ribbon, a button, and twine for my embellishment.  I stamped the heart image and cut them out using my scissors.  Then I stamped the red one again and cut out the bird and butterfly image and I placed it on my gray heart.  The gray heart also has dimensionals under it.  My sentiment layer was notched at the end using my scissors and that's about it for this card.  Hope you like it!

Stamps:  You Are Loved
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Real Red, Basic Gray, DSP- Pawsitively Prints- retired
Ink:  Basic Gray, Real Red
Supplies:  Ribbon, Button, Twine, Scissors, Tombow Multi Glue, Dimensionals

I decided to make two cards for the SIP - stamps ink paper challenge.  On this card I did add some ribbon and twine.  I used the seamless tiers technique or sometimes referred to as triple stamping.  I posted a video awhile ago on how to create a card using this technique so if you'd like to see that video you will find it here.

Once I had my white card stock cut I simply began stamping my flower images.  I stamped randomly using baja blue ink and then in-between I added some stem/leaves using crumb cake ink.   Then I added my ribbon and twine tied onto the sentiment onto my first layer.  Then all I needed to do was to finish assembling my card and that's it, super easy!  My sentiment layer was a rectangle I cut using my paper trimmer.

Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Petite Pairs
Card Stock:  White, Crumb Cake
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake
Supplies:  Ribbon, Twine, Hole Punch for sentiment layer
Technique:  Triple Stamping, Seamless Tiers
 
Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

4 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Patty... how exciting for you to get on the creative crew team for scs! Love your cards you created.. saw them on pinterest first :) Then found them on your blog... LOVE that I pinned your stuff ;) Kathi

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! These are absolutely lovely, Patty!

AnnMarie said...

Wow you have been busy! Such beautiful cards! Happy New Year! Hope you are doing well! :)

Becky said...

wow..These are awesome.