June 30, 2009


Tomorrow is my 3rd wedding anniversary, so today's card is for my husband. We are only married three years, but we have been together for 9 wonderful years. We met on July 1st so we decided to keep that anniversary date and we were marred on the exact day and time when we met.

My husband loves the SU stamp set Crab & Company, so that's why I decided to use this stamp set. I always have a hard time using this set, but I think I like the way this card turned out.

I ended up using several different stamp sets on my card. I used Crab & Company for the crab, starfish, shells, and sentiment. The sun and ocean waves are from Beach Babies, the clouds are from Dreams & Dragons, and the speckles in the sand are from Itty Bitty Background.

First, I made my background using my SU chalks and the chalk dragging technique. Then I stamped the speckles in the sand and the waves in the ocean. Lastly, I just stamped and cut out the rest of the images. I then glued them on my card using SU 2 way glue. My sentiment is punched out using small and large oval punches. I usually try to add at least one embellishment on every card that I make, so here I placed two brads along both sides of my sentiment.
Pin It

1 comment:

Trey Sims said...

Hi, its Trey from Small Fry Stamping. I didn't know how else to contact you. You commented this on my blog, "Oh, I love your card! I really need to get this stamp set, I'm seeing so many beautiful cards made with this set." I am just here to remind you that if you purchase it through me, you just have to buy one more thing to have your name put into a drawing for a blender pen!