June 22, 2009


The splitocast clean and simple challenge for today was to create a card using a technique called paper piecing. Paper piecing is a great way to use up some of your pattern paper scraps.
Paper piecing is a quick and easy technique which can gives some added interest to your image. All you need is an open lined image, scissors, and pattern paper.

I made this card by stamping the butterfly image on the pattern paper and cutting it out. Then I stamped the swirly sentiment and glued the butterfly.

I used the same pattern paper for my butterfly and on the base of my card. I added some dots along the white image layer and my ribbon is from Offray.



This card I made was super quick and easy. All I did was stamp the vases on pattern paper and cut them out. Then I stamped the flower images (I needed to use my stamp-a-ma-jig for this) and colored them using my certainly celery SU marker.

The stamp set I used to make this card is SU's Vases in Vogue and my ribbon if from Offray.

Here is a tutorial from splitcoaststampers on paper piecing:
paper piecing Pin It

No comments: