July 13, 2009


Well, today is Monday and Monday's splitcoast challenge is the clean and simple challenge. I usually make more than one card for this challenge because it's my favorite ;)

Monday's clean and simple challenge is an inspiration challenge. The website which we were to choose from really had a lot of items for some inspiration.

For my first card here I chose to use this print for my inspiration. As soon as I saw the print with the truck and the Christmas tree in the back I thought of my SU Loads of Love stamp set.

I used the paper piecing technique for my truck. I stamped it on SU red pattern paper and I cut it out and placed it over my stamped truck image. I colored the center of the wheels silver using my silver zig painty marker.

Using my stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the tree in the back of the truck and the husband and wife inside the truck. The husband and wife stamps are from SU's Loads of Love Accessories stamp set. My sentiment is from SU's Snow Swirled stamp set and my ribbon is from Offray.





Here's the print that I chose for my inspiration for my second card today. This card was real quick and easy to make.

I used the pine tree image from SU's Fantastic Foliage stamp set. I just stamped using three different color green ink pads (old olive, garden green, and glorious green) and I added some brown branches using my SU marker.

The ornament is from SU's Oh My Word stamp set and I just stamped that using Real Red ink. The hook part of the ornament is stamped using silver encore ink. I added a small red ribbon on the ornament.

I really liked the print that I chose and I tried to make my card just like the print. I think it's a pretty close match, but I wasn't sure if I should add a sentiment on the front of my card, but the ornament has the words 'tis the season written on it, so I decided not to add one.
Pin It

No comments: