July 27, 2009

Well, it's Monday! And my favorite weekly challenge is here! And to top it off, it's a sketch challenge. Two of my very favorite challenges put together, well I decided to get right to work and see what I could come up with. Today's sketch was based upon this card shown here. This sketch makes real quick and easy cards.

I decided to make another Christmas card using this sketch. I figure it's getting close to the end of July and I could make one more Christmas in July card.

For my Christmas card basically all I did was stamp and color. My image is from SU's Big on Christmas and I colored it using my SU markers.

The decorative paper I used is also SU, but I'm pretty sure it's a retired pattern. Then I tied the ribbon on my card. Almost all of the ribbon that I use is from Offray. I find that it's a lot cheaper to purchase my ribbon from Offray and I'm pretty happy with the quality and most of what I buy matches the SU colors pretty well.

My second card that I made for today's CAS sketch challenge is a masculine card. I rarely ever make masculine cards so I decided to try one today.

This card was super quick and easy to make. All I did was stamp my image and assemble my card. My image is from SU's Yukon stamp set. I just stamped it using Close to Cocoa ink and that was it.

Again, I'm pretty sure the SU decorative paper I used is a retired pattern. My sentiment is from SU's It's Your Birthday. I also used a buckle from the hodge podge hardware set that I have (and that's retired as well). Pin It

No comments: