July 17, 2009


I made this card for today's limited supply challenge. For today's challenge we were to create a card using either our high school colors or our wedding colors.

Well, I wasn't about to try and use my high school colors, which were orange and black.

Instead, I decided to go with my wedding colors which were almost amethyst, silver, and white.

My background is stamped using Encore silver ink and SU's French Script background stamp. My main flower image is SU's Blossoms Abound stamped using Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac ink. The leaves were stamped using Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke ink.

I need a birthday card for my mother in law next week, so I decided to add a happy birthday sentiment from SU's Warmest Regards.  I also added a photo  turn in the lower left corner and then I added some white organdy ribbon and silver cording tied together.  

I thought it might be fun to share a few of my wedding photos with you all. This is a picture of my wedding party. My aunt is my maid of honor and she's standing right next to me. My sister in law is next to her, and my daughter is on the very left of the picture. Standing right next to my husband is his brother (my sister in law's husband), then my uncle (my aunt's husband) and then our neighbor's son.

It was quite a chore picking out my brides maids dresses (long story), but in the end I was really happy with them. I wanted purple because it's my very favorite color, but I also wanted dresses that were not too fancy because the men were not going to wear tuxedos, they wore suits instead. I had a really hard time finding these dresses in the correct sizes and an even harder time finding the groomsmen's ties to match.



This is a picture of my husband and me. It was taken right after we were married, but before the reception. Although the sun was shining in our faces; this is one of my favorite wedding pictures.

My husband and I are together nine years however; we just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We were married on the day and at the same time we first met. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and I enjoy every day that I spend with him and our children.
Pin It

8 comments:

Elizabeth P said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful bride! I love these colours and your photos! thanks for sharing them ;)

Michelle said...

patty..i posted something to you and dont know what happened..lol it disapppeared...

i wanted to let you know that your blog post today was wonderful x's 2.. a lovely card..and beautiful wedding pictures.. thank you for sharing this part of your life with us here on your blog ....
i wish you the love and happiness of your wedding day...today..and always..
hugs
michelle.

laos348 said...

Those colors are just perfect for card making - you card is so pretty!

The wedding pictures are lovely - its so fun to see more than just our crafting sides.

Lyn B. said...

Lovely card. I'm glad you had a beautiful wedding.

Vicki said...

What a beautiful card and done in beautiful colors! Your MIL is sure to love it! Thanks for sharing your wedding photos. Gorgeous! Hope the wedding bliss never stops! Blessings to you!

Kathy said...

Gorgous colors, I forgot about that stamp set. I have to get mine back out and ink it up. Thanks for sharing your wedding pics, too. It was fun to look at them.

Fleming Printing said...

Most high schools have awful colors!!!! Orange and black are for a school around here too and I always think Halloween! LOL Bet not too many chose the challenge in school colors. You made a wonderful card in your wedding colors and relayed a great story.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, very elegant looking! I love the colors! Beautiful wedding photos too, I truly enjoyed seeing them!