July 21, 2009


Here's a card that I made for tomorrow's sketch challenge. I just love when a challenge is posted early! This sketch was based on Miss Boo's card seen here. I just loved her card; in fact I was the first one to leave a comment on it!

I was looking through some decorative paper that I have and I found one that I thought resembled my SU Heartfelt Thanks stamp set. I decided to use that for the inspiration for my card. I also used the colors in the decorative paper for some color inspiration and for the most part these colors are way out of my comfort zone, but after I was finished with my card I was happy with my results.

I stamped the outline flower stamp and using my stamp-a-ma-jig and then I stamped the solid flower image with so saffron ink. The flower centers (and flower outlines and sentiment) are all stamped using Not Quite Navy ink.

I used my 1 1/4" square and 1 1/2" scallop square punches on my card. I love these punches together and I use them all the time. I added some white ribbon for my embellishment and my sentiment is from SU Birthday Whimsy.

This was a great sketch to follow and I may try and make another card using it tomorrow.
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! You did a great job with the sketch and I love the colors you used!

Jacquel said...

Your cards came out great...love that sketch you used!