July 29, 2009


I made this card for today's sketch challenge.

My husband's grandmother's cousin passed away this past weekend (unexpectedly) and I thought to myself that I should have had some sympathy cards on hand. I generally make sympathy cards as I need them, but I thought it would be a good idea to make some extras.

I recently received this stamp set and I haven't had a chance to use it until now. I love all of the wonderful cards that I have seen using this stamp set so I just had to have it!

As for my card, I first started to color the stamp using my SU markers, but that took forever and my resulting image didn't look that great. I ended up inking up my stamp with my Certainly Celery ink pad and then wiping off the tree trunk and coloring the branches using my Close to Cocoa SU marker; my image came out much better this way.

I don't have very much Certainly Celery paper left so I decided to use some decorative paper that I have for my background paper. My ribbon is from Offray. I decided to use a technique that I learned on splitcoast (from a past challenge) called 'ribbon stacking'. I just layered my ribbon and taped them together (using my ATG tape gun) and tied my knot.
Pin It

4 comments:

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

Love the card!!! what a great color combo...nice job!! TFS!!
Mandy

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your husband's grandmother's passing. I'm sure your card will give much comfort.

Elizabeth P said...

So sweet card! sorry for hearing about your husband's grandmother's cousin...

Cheryl Walker said...

Sooo sorry to hear your sad news.:( Very cute card!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl