September 11, 2009



Happy Friday! I really liked the challenge for today, but I didn't have time to make a card for it, so I'll have to try tomorrow. I did make this card yesterday so I thought I could post it for today.

My sister in law gave me some SU items that she purchased awhile ago and she's decided that she doesn't have time for stamping. I wanted to make her a thank you card using one of the stamp sets that she gave me and this is what I came up with. I know she likes rubber duckies because her one bathroom is all duckies!

I really liked the way the ducky was made on this card, so I used it to get me started with mine.

I stamped the duck using Yo-Yo Yellow; and boy was it bright! I ended up using my Watercolor crayons and blender pen to try and tone down the yellow, it's still bright, but not nearly as bad.

Then using my stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the Brilliant Blue hat and Only Orange beak. I stamped the wheels using Real Red and then I punched them out and adhered them to my card. I decided to add a ribbon around the duck's neck and a thinner ribbon for the pull string of the duck. My sentiment is from SU's Great Greeting's stamp set.
Well, it's getting pretty late now and I'm off to bed. My baby didn't sleep very well last night and my older daughter isn't feeling very well, so I really need my rest tonight! Have a great weekend! Pin It

No comments: