March 30, 2010

You should see the snow that we are getting today! I can't believe it, but I don't think this snow will stick around very long.

The weather forecast for this weekend is saying that the temperatures are going to be in the 70s! I certainly didn't expect this snow today and the roads are really bad. I had to pick up my son from preschool and I didn't even have a snow brush in the car because I had put everything away already. I'll be glad when winter is really over!

In hopes for some really lovely weather this weekend, here is a spring card that my daughter made and another Easter card that I made.

I've seen so many of these cute Chocolate Bunny cards lately and I wanted to try making one. I sort of cased myself using this card that I made a few weeks ago. I used the same fence border punch, grass, and Easter eggs.

I stamped the chocolate bunny and then I also used my mirror imaging stamp to get my image reversed. I used my scallop circle punch to 'bite' off the left bunny's ears. My eggs were stamped and then cut out. The fence is a Martha Stewart border punch and my grass was crimped and cut using my scissors. My background is sponged using bashful blue ink, a scrap scalloped circle and a sponge. The words Happy Easter and What are computer generated.

Stamps: Chocolate Bunny, Flower Filled
Card Stock: White, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal
Supplies: Martha Stewart Fence Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scissors, Mirror Imaging Stamp, Scallop Circle Punch, Crimper
Technique: Sponging, Mirror Imaging (or reverse stamping)

This second card was made by my daughter. She made this card almost all by herself (I helped her with the ribbon).

She stamped the flowers along the bottom and colored them using SU markers and then she added some glitter on the flowers and along the bottom, grassy area.

She sponged her background the same way that I did on my previous card. Then she stamped the bunny, colored his ears and nose pink and then cut him out and placed him in the lower left corner in the grass.

The last thing she did was to create her tag. She just stamped Hello Spring and punched it using the small tag punch and the larger tag punch was used on the Certainly Celery layer.

So what do you think? Do I have another stamper in the family? I'm sure she would love to receive some comments on her card, please ;)

Stamps: Hello Spring
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst
Ink: Black Stazon, Bashful Blue
Supplies: Ribbon, Large & Small SU Tag Punches, DD Glitter, 2 Way Glue Pen, Scissors- for cutting out the bunny, SU Markers, Stapler- for the tag
Technique: Sponging Pin It

6 comments:

Laura said...

what a cute card,The clouds are so beautiful in the backround.

jimlynn said...

SNOW!!!! Oh, my........and I'm running around in shorts today.
Both of these are so cute, Patty. Your daughter (like you) is very talented.
Wonderful cards.

Deb said...

Both of your cards are soooo cute!!!! The one with the two bunnies is a hoot..love it!!
As far as your daughter's card, she did an awesome job!!! I definitely think you have another talented stamper in your family....you taught her well!! Great cards!!!!

Carrie said...

both cards are cute but that choc. bunny one cracked me up. Love it.

Dori Shelton said...

These are both so wonderful! Your card made me laugh! Your daughters card is great too. Love the cloud sponging!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Yikes- snow! Fantastic card- hahaha I love it- my kids would love this!