March 13, 2010


Tami posted about a challenge today on splitcoast stampers. The challenge is on her daughter's blog.

Here
is the challenge on Aly's blog if anyone would like to see it.

There's still a few hours left if anyone would like to play along. The challenge is a sketch challenge.

I used a digi image from bugaboo stamps. I thought this image would make a really cute Easter or spring card.

I printed the image and colored it with my SU markers. The ink was starting to smear when began my coloring. So I printed another image then I lightly went over it using my heat gun and I have to say I was very surprised, it really worked! So if anyone is having problems using digi images due to the ink smearing, try heat setting it first.

I punched out a few flowers using my SU Spring Bouquet flower punch. In the center of my flowers I added a small circle and then on top of that another tiny punched circle. The leaves on my flowers were punched using my new Martha Stewart Branch punch and in the lower right hand corner I added some punched corners.

My background is embossed using my cuttlebug and D'Vine embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far!

Stamps: SB Flower Swing Digi Image from Bugaboo stamps
Card Stock: White, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Ink: None
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Coluzzle, Corner Rounder Punch- for the scalloped circle, 2 Way Glue, Spring Bouquet Flower Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/8" Hole Punch, Photo Corner Punch, MS Branch Punch, Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

6 comments:

Tami said...

I love this card. I love this image. Great job. Thanks for playing at Aly's and hope to see you again for our next challenge:)

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card! LOVE the perfect bow (as always) and the scallop around the image. The image is super cute and I LOVE the row of flowers around it.

Anonymous said...

oooo, Patty, I love how your punch art flower garland echoes the swing rope. Such a pretty card!

Carrie said...

Patty this is beautiful. I love how you did the flowers beside the image. So pretty.

TrishG said...

Very pretty. I love the colors. Beautiful embellishments and details.

Laura said...

So cute!Love it all