March 4, 2010

I made this card for the ways to use it challenge on Splitcoast. Today's challenge was to find ways to use games or things that we play on our cards.

I have an older Stampin Up stamp set called Games Galore and as soon as I read today's challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

Do you remember playing this dots game? I used to love playing this game when I was younger. I remember playing this game during World Cultures class in high school, oh I hated that class! LOL I was good at dots, but not that class.

For my background I just added a few score lines using my scor-pal. On my Pumpkin Pie layer I embossed it using my Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used my border punches along the white and SU decorative paper layers.

For my main image I stamped the dots and then I drew in my hand the word HELLO. I added the flower and brad in the upper left hand corner and a few butterflies above my sentiment. My son was playing while I was making my card and he said I needed some butterflies; he even punched them out for me.

Make it a great day and thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Games Galore
Card Stock: White, Pumpkin Pie, SU Decorative Paper
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Supplies: Ribbon, Flower, Brad, MS 3 in 1 Butterfly Punch, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, SU Scalloped Border Punch, Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch, Black Pen, Scor-Pal, Glue Pen
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I love the bright orange its very bright, and fun. Looks like you did a perfect job for the challenge. Not sure I ever played that game before?

Carrie said...

This is so bright and cheerful what a great card and you did a wonderful job with this challenge. I couldn't come up with anything.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely- yep- played dots quite a bit when I was ...hhhmmmm....a younger girl!

Laura said...

i really like this card the colors are so breight and cheerful.Love the pokadot flower

Laura said...

Very cute card.I love that flower.