March 24, 2010

Yesterday I mentioned that I would share a few more Easter cards that I made. The chick image was another one of those stamps from the $1 bin at Michael's.

Both of my cards were quick and easy, it took longer to color in the image than it did to assemble my cards.

My first card is pretty easy to figure out. I just stamped the chick image and then colored it using my SU markers.

The one thing that I did differently on this card was my ribbon. I didn't have anything even close to this green color so I decided to take a piece of white grosgrain ribbon and I colored it using my SU marker.

It worked and I've done this before, but my main problem this time was that I couldn't get any of my adhesive to stick to the ribbon once I colored it. On the ribbon part I was able to finally get my tape runner adhesive to stick, but on the bow part of my ribbon I tried everything and the only thing that finally worked for me was crystal effects.

On my second card I again, stamped and colored my image using my SU markers, but my layout is a little bit different than my first card.

It might be hard to see in my picture, but I wanted to point out that I used my scor-pal to create a few decorative lines on the upper portion of my background. I just felt that the top part was too plain and sometimes just a touch of dry embossing will do the trick.

Thanks so much for stopping by and tomorrow I'll post the splitcoast sketch card that I made for today.

Stamps:Bunny- $1 stamp from Michael’s, Sentiment- Studio G series 45
Card Stock: White, Green Galore, Gable Green, Yo-Yo Yellow, Pink Passion, DCWV Spring Glitter Pack
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Coluzzle, Corner Rounder Punch- for the scallop circle, White Gel Pen, SU Markers, Scor-Pal,
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute! I had no idea you could color the ribbon with the markers!!!! Thanks for the tip. I NEVER seem to have the right color ribbon.

Kellie said...

The little chick is adorable. I like the simple design.

Carrie said...

I can see the lines. That little chick is adorable, both cards are great.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Love the scorelines in these!!!!