April 6, 2010

Here's my card for yesterday's CAS (clean & simple) splitcoast challenge. Yesterday's challenge was to create a cas card with no stamping except our sentiment. Well, I really had to think about this one for a bit, but then I realized that this was a good chance to play with my new 2 step bird punch.

The bird was punched using pretty in pink card stock and the wing is SU pattern paper. I used the same pattern paper on my card. I punched out three branches using certainly celery card stock and I glued them all together.

The upper half of my white background was embossed using my Birds and Swirls embossing folder. My certainly celery layer was punched using my scallop trim border punch.

So the only stamping on my card is my sentiment and I drew in a small dot for the eye on the birdie. Great cas challenge, it really got me thinking yesterday!

Have a great day and be sure to check back tomorrow. I'll be posting a technique tutorial using a digi image from Bugaboo stamps!

Stamps: It's Your Birthday
Card Stock: White, Certainly Celery, Rose Romance, SU pattern paper
Supplies: Ribbon, 2 Step Bird Punch, Cuttlebug, Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, SU Marker- for the bird's eye, 2 Way Glue Pen- for the branch w/ leaves
Technique: Dry Embossing Pin It

6 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Wow, gorgeous card! Love the bird punch and the birds in the embossed background! The pinks are very sweet and perfect for spring!

jimlynn said...

Pretty card, Patty! Love your little pink bird. But I really, really, like how you used the embossing folder - super.

Carrie said...

Beautiful Patty, I love the embossing folder you used with this punch.

Shirl said...

Very sweet and pretty card! Love how the dry embossing and bird punch match each other so well! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! Love the clean design and the colors are so soft and pretty.

Unknown said...

Very pretty, love the embossing and the leaves xxx