April 27, 2010


I had a request to make a Mother's Day card with a cow on it. 

This sure was a challenge, but I think I came up with a pretty okay card.




I followed the sketch from this week's Splitcoast sketch challenge.

First, I stamped my image and colored it using my SU markers and then I doodle all along the edges.  I thought it would be neat if I had some cow paper, but of course I didn't have any.  I'm always trying to make do with what I have, so I tried to think of how I could make some cow paper.

Then I remembered that I had used the SU Splat wheel once before as cow paper on my recipe page found here.  Be sure to check out my recipe page, there's an awesome milk shake recipe on that page. 

So my cow paper is wheeled using SU's Splat wheel and black stazon ink.  Along the bottom of  my card I added two rows of paper piercing.  I love the look that you can achieve from paper piercing without adding too much to a card.  I always feel it's a 'not so embellished' look.

My sentiment is computer generated and it reads:  Happy Moooother's Day

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful day!  It looks like my day here is starting to shape up now that the rain has stopped.

Stamps: On the Farm, Splat Wheel
Card Stock: White, Pretty in Pink, Black
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, Round Tab Punch, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool
Technique: Paper Piercing Pin It

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute Patty. Love how you did the splats - clever! And yes, it looks like that "cow" pattern. In fact, when I first looked at your card I thought it was that cow pattern ribbon!

Karen Howard said...

Patty, this is sooo adorable and your cow paper is fabulous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful- such a fun image! TFS

Janessa said...

How adorable and creative!!

Marilyn said...

A great card.. fun & creative!

Carrie said...

You did a great job with this. I really like your doodling around the edges