April 16, 2010

Hi everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday, I've had such a busy week and now I'm hoping to have a not so busy weekend.

This is the card I made using one of the freebie images from Bugaboo Stamps.  Be sure to stop on by and download the freebies. They change every Friday!

I printed the image and colored it using my SU markers. I used a gray marker for the black on the bee suit; I just colored it over a few times. At first I tried it with my black marker, but it just got too dark. I often time substitute gray for black because it's not so harsh of a color.

For the wings I did a bit of water coloring using a bashful blue wonder color crayon and a blender pen. Then I used my glue pen and dd glitter to apply some glitter over the wings.

I actually printed out two of these images and I used the second image to color the flowers, cut them out, and place them over top of the original flower- so it is 'popped up' on my card. My grass is actually just colored a bit with my marker and then I dabbed my marker a bit to sort of help create the illusion of grass. Next, I ran my green galore card stock layer through my crimper- I hardly ever use my crimper so I thought I should dust it off.

Well, that's about it for today. Have a great weekend and be sure to check back next week because I'll be posting two baby cards that I made for two friends of mine.

Stamps: Bugaboo Digi Image- Bee Bear Image, SU Well Scripted for my sentiment
Card Stock: White, Creamy Caramel, Green Galore, DP is DCWV Spring Glitter Pack
Ink: Black Stazon
Supplies: Ribbon, SU Markers, 2 Way Glue Pen, DD Glitter, Scissors- for cutting out the second flower, Dimensionals- for popping up the second flower, Crimper, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Technique: Water Coloring, Crimping Pin It

2 comments:

Tami said...

This card is so nicely put together and I love that freebie.

Laurie HIMCR said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! And that bow is PERFECT!!